Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: July / Aug '17 Lite Challenge: Map a Hidden Treasure

It was a hidden treasure Bogie.

Alas I probably won't manage this challenge unless I do a last minute marathon on the last day. I did the last one in 5 days so who knows?

Ok Last minute warning!! The Challenge will end Monday night around Midnight Eastern Daylight Time ( -4 hrs GMT ) That's a little more than 22 hours from now.

Good luck everyone, great collection of maps, time to put on all the nice finishing touches.

Guild Novice Guild Sponsor fullmetalpegasus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Sweet! I think I'm actually going to enter this one. I'm calling dibs on the Minotaur's Labyrinth!

*EDIT*

Ok, so I can draw a map... but the one thing I CAN'T draw (ok, there may be more than one) is a minotaur. Go figure. That being said, what are the rules (legally, ethically, et al.) on using an image from a Google image search as a background element to a piece created here? Obviously that would be a no-go if it were something I intended to sell, but for a friendly competition like this? Someone educate me!

Thanks,

-IG
    If the image is used for personal reasons only (you'll never sell the map, it's only for the competition) you're good. You also cannot use it for an advertisement (specifically, an ad, excluding an example of your work). Some art out there is free, even for commercial purposes but it's best to assume everything is for personal use only unless otherwise stated.

Also, if we had more time, I could probably whip you out a Minotaur without much problem.

Quote Originally Posted by fullmetalpegasus View Post
    Also, if we had more time, I could probably whip you out a Minotaur without much problem.
    Haha.. if we had more time, I'd certainly let you! Alas...

Thanks anyway. I look forward to seeing your work.

-IG

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12