Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The Plot Hook Tavern - everybody's invited!

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I just want to say this is a really cool idea.
    I don't have any ideas yet, but we'll see what happens after things percolate a bit. I'll see if I can remember some of the stuff from my gaming days.. (yikes, 20 years ago!)

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Lol, just like me then. Here's the next update (just general stuff)....keep those ideas coming!

### Latest WIP ###
    Attached Images Attached Images

How about:

Object: The Alemap
    Description: A group of patrons, adventurers by their gear, are ejected after a dustup with an ancient, and likely senile, dwarf. On the surface of the table they recently occupied can be seen what appears to be a map scrawled in ale and decorated with various tavern snacks and other odd bits. If examined it's clear that the map purports to lead to treasure...but is it real, or just the fanciful imagination of an old Dwarf?

Edit: The aforementioned map is left as an exercise for the reader...er, cartographer.

Great idea, BTW. Looking forward to seeing this awesome - the home station of the DM railway. Might even use it someday!
    M

Object - Three-legged creaky stool
    Trigger - Sitting upon the stool
    Description - The stool doesn't really fit the rest of the decor of the Deadfall Inn nor is there any particular table to put it at. Typically, when it's found in the common room, the stool is relegated to the corner out of the way unless it's needed for one of the Deadfall Inn's shorter patrons or someone just wants to prop their feet up.

When the stool is sat upon there is a one-in-four chance that the sitter will be magically glued to the seat. This increases to a one-in-two chance if the sitter resembles a soldier-for-hire. It will be impossible to remove them from the stool short of a high level remove curse spell. A short time later the stool will begin to rock back and forth on it's own and then suddenly burst for the door at full speed. The stool makes no deviations around patrons or furniture, it simply makes a bee-line for the nearest exit. The sitter is then treated to the ride of their life on a small, rickety, wooden seat close to the ground and moving at the speed of a galloping horse. While there have been attempts to stop the stool, most typically by the rider digging in their booted heels, this just results in broken ropes, scattered people and debris or, in the case of the rider digging in their heels, twin furrows left in the surface of the road itself.

The stool was created by fairies in the haunted wood who are looking for great warriors to help them rid their woods of the evil that has taken root within. Every so often the stool will bring a likely candidate to the attention of the fairies. What has happened afterwards is unknown as none have returned to tell the tale.

I'm going on a little diversion with this and trying to do the tavern in a cut-away style, not using 3d modelling but old fashion perspective grids. It's a pain in the butt (particularly if something is not at an exact right angle), but let's see how far I get!

I'm going to try to paint it up at the end...

Community Leader Facebook Connected torstan's Avatar

This looks really cool - and I can see that you'll be regretting that angled wall! Great job though.

Community Leader Facebook Connected Steel General's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ravells View Post
    I'm going on a little diversion with this and trying to do the tavern in a cut-away style, not using 3d modelling but old fashion perspective grids.
    You are insane, but in a good way!
    My Finished Maps | My Challenge Maps | Still poking around occasionally...

Unless otherwise stated by me in the post, all work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.

Awesome I also kick my heels to spur you on!!!
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Don't laugh, but I've decided I have to draw stuff to make this work. I want to get people in the picture.... anyway in-between work today I started sketching again...I used to be OK at this but I'm now so use to a mouse and and keyboard I barely ever hold a pen (I used to be very keen on Calligraphy).

So, I've made my mind up that I'll do at least an hour of sketching a day.

The pictures are dreadful....but I hope they will improve with time and LOTS of practice.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast