Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Map of Kwandrivia

What do you guys think the best way to display "national" borders is, and then the best way to display "regional" (forest province, canyon province) borders is.

Solid line for the national borders and dotted for the regional ones?

I normally wouldn't bother with natural landscape feature boarders and I almost always use dotted for counties / Kingdoms

On my forum, each nation is made up of a bunch of regions "Great Laurentia Forest, Serengheti Plains". In the forum players can enter these regions and roleplay there. That is why I am aiming to keep the regions on the map, so people know where they are.

You might be interested in knowing (if you don't already) the map style you like is finished here, and the artist has included a video showing the process.

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Here is an updated version with colour changes and stuff. The video posted above was a real help with certain things.

Kwan-Map-16.jpg

This picture shows the coastlines, where I added a slight outer glow and old fashion looking coastline, lines.
    Untitled.png

What font would you guys recommend for a old style map. Something legible and nice. I normally use Blackadder but that can get hard to read.

Wow, that's a huge improvement! I hope you agree.

Blackadder isn't a good font for maps, in my opinion. I'm not particular good with fonts myself, but a favourite of mine is 1543HumaneJensen, or 1742Frenchcivilite.

Something you might want to try with your coastline is to reduce the darkness of the lines just a tiny amount. Instead of black, maybe make them very very dark grey.

Also, if you increase the size of your image, you'll be able to make it more detailed. At the moment the resolution seems too low for you to convey lots of information.

THW

Resolution is 9500 pixels wide in photoshop. When I save it it's well over 30mb and can't be uploaded to the forum.

I decided to switch it to jpg and reduce the quality from 8 to 5, now it's down to 3mb

This is the full size with 9500 width.

Kwan-Map-136.jpg

That's much better. I think you'll be able to really fill the map up with interesting details, now, which is one of the key factors to making a good fantasy map.

THW

Here's an update of the main continent, the size and quality are terrible because I kept havint o resize it to make it fit within the sites limits. 4.7 is kinda small when my map averages 15mb

vghjkl.jpg
    BriniaSona
    Graphic Artist of Sanctity Design
    Founder and Administrator of Kwandrivia: Action Roleplay Forum

Another Update. I think I should start labelling it now. Does anyone have any opinions or things that could be improved on?

vsdsf (1).jpg
    BriniaSona
    Graphic Artist of Sanctity Design
    Founder and Administrator of Kwandrivia: Action Roleplay Forum

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast