Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: First map : Les îles de Kalte

Good colors and very nice texturing effect for the background. It's a bit dark though. I would probably try to light up a little the lands.

Looking really nice so far. It's quite dark, but I don't mind that so much.

Only thing I noticed is a couple of places where the stroke around the rivers needs tidied up a little. If you have a look at the most southern mountains on the bigger island, where the rivers start, there are a couple of places where the either river is outside the stroke, or they don't seem to end neatly. A few minutes with an eraser will fix all!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Wip

Thanks for the comments.
    @ChickPea, contour of the rivers has been corrected.
    @Ilanthar, the background has been cleared up.
    For this new stage, I adjusted the colors in general and added to the main sites of settlement. He will set up places of worship of which I have not yet determined the form.
    A test for the designation of places not really convincing. I hesitate to use several sizes for the letters to enhance the effect of perspective, but I will have to remove the wave effect...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Community Leader Guild Sponsor - Max -'s Avatar

This is getting better and better.
    Not a big fan of the sea (colors and probably the texture, which works great on the land but seems a bit heavy on the water). Locations icons might use a different color to pop better. I also think that the labels aren't clearly legible, maybe use a outer glow rather than a drop shadow will help?

Wip

Thank you Max for the advices. I changed the color and the drop shadow for an outer glow. I agree for the ocean, the color and texture are to review and It will be my next step.
    I have completed almost all of the land, maybe a few touch-ups here and there. I added the names of the places. I did not think to put as much time to finish this map and I often have the impression to see It ended ...

Latest update, and the feeling of finally seeing the end. I am planning a few changes to the framework and a compass in the lower right corner. May be a staining additional land mass to signify the ice...

Really nice perspective, like the colors and line weight. Text could be more legible. Grid lines not very interesting look at some older maps - rhumb lines for good examples have some reps

That looks really good Warlin.
    The sea looks much better.

Thank you Snody. I changed the shipping lines, and added a compass.
    Thank you J. Edwards. Attachment 77334 I'm not at your level of detail and doubt to be able to get there one day.
    A few notes and impressions.
    It is really gratifying to successfully complete a job of this nature, even if it is not perfect. But I think I have invested enough of my time in this map and do not regret it.
    I had no preconceived ideas about the end result, and the mix of old and modern doesn't bother me too much. It sticks with the original map and the context of its creation in the world that I am developing.
    The few britons of the community will recognize the origin of my names. It is wanted and gives a mood to the whole.
    I consider this map as finished. However, any feedback is still welcome.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast