Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Quest for the Zjed'Uhn Diamond

Coming on really fast, Storm - and looking really good

Thanks Mouse You have to think, I'm coming from behind, I just started this a couple of days ago, the rest of you had a week or so

Speaking of which, here's some more. Although, I'm wondering if I've scaled everything too small. Opinions?

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quest for the Zjed'Uhn Chi Diamond5.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	1.61 MB 
ID:	100246
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

If you are worried about the apparent size of things, you might consider rendering it larger? Its actually quite small right now at 3500 x 2626. Mine is 3729 x 4500 (my shortest side is longer than your longest side) and at around 6 MB I could make it larger still if I wanted to.

The only limitation you might need to worry about (apart from the 9.4 MB limit on uploads), is the resolution of the fills and symbols, but I think you have some way to go yet before that becomes a problem.

I've just noticed you have a horizontal fade line at the very top of the map where the edge fade inner on that fill under the mountains has crept inwards from the map border. You could remedy that by extending the polygon beyond the map border until it is no longer visible - but I'm probably 'teaching my granny to suck eggs', as I am sure you just haven't noticed it or you would already have sorted it out

Coming on really fast, now. (I'm going to have to get my skates on!!!)

Hmmmm.... maybe I will enlarge it, so people can see the 'hidden' goodies within this map. There are actually quite a few. Right now, I'm trying to figure out why my diamond (uhm... your diamond that I'm using) won't accept any effects. Even though it's supposed to be hidden, I want it to stand out a bit, so people can see it. And yes, I saw the edge fade at the top, and I plan to fix that, just haven't gotten around to it, yet.

All in all, this map is actually coming together. I really don't have much left to do. I'm trying to make a 'less is more' type of map, where it's really just an over view, and not crowded.
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

What is it that you are trying to do to it?

(if its meant to be a surprise you can PM me)

Remember that if you have loaded it properly as a symbol, not many effects will apply, except perhaps a shadow or a glow.

The diamond is also a semi-transparent symbol. That may be causing a few problems, even if you are only trying to apply either a shadow or a glow. I may need to make it solid in some way.

that's really all I want to do to it... add a glow so it stands out just a bit more in the map... since it's one of my key words, I want to show that the word has been used And I loaded it the same way I loaded the bridge Mark made me for my bandit camp map... I downloaded the symbol, then once it was in my downloads, I copy/pasted said symbol into Misc symbol folder within cc3+. I have a misc folder within my dundjini symbol archives, and any symbols that people make for me, I add to that folder, so it's easy to find.
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

I've just loaded them as proper symbols and made a symbol catalogue of them, but the sheet effects aren't working on mine either.

I'm going to ask Remy over at PF...

(may be some time)

EDIT: Lorelei managed to make them work. And so have I now. I had to delete them from the map, delete them from the Symbol Manager, then save and close the map. When I reopened it they worked fine - being affected by both glow and shadow effects.

I have, in the meantime, created a solid one that has no transparency. I will send it to you as an alternative version.
    Last edited by Mouse; 10-18-2017 at 01:07 PM.

Looks like your suggestion did the trick. Here is my latest update.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Quest for the Zjed'Uhn Chi Diamond5.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	2.76 MB 
ID:	100290
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

Oh wow - it looks a lot better than I thought it would

Definitely make the map bigger - you get to see more detail then

Blog Entries

I really like this so far... the "hidden details" are great. But you've copyrighted it to last year!
    The best maps are the ones we like the most after looking at the longest.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast