Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HRH's Glorious Kingdom of Midleset

Quote Originally Posted by Neyasha View Post
    I agree with Steel General: the grid is a bit too dominant. Apart from that it's a beautiful map! The color scheme is very harmonious and I love the place names.
    It's also nice to see the surroundings of Grimmsmouth.
    Hey Neyasha thanks so much. I'm glad you like it Your advice and encouragement for this project is really useful to me. I'm already planning my next map!

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    Who did the grid? Codpiece or Fray?

I think it's a great piece of art.
    Thanks so much Straf!

Poor Codpiece! His great-grandfather was an Ac-Tor and quite well known for his large parts so he took his stage name as the family name. A decision that sadly affected all future Codpieces

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    This is wonderfull Weery, I really love this style, great work.
    Thanks so much Kacey, I really appreciate that Trying to learn from my favourite maps on here!

Lovely map. Excellent labeling and everything is quite unified in style. Splendid job.

Have to concur with others, the grid is a bit overpowering. Toning it down (and maybe eliminating it entirely over the land areas) would definitely let the eye be drawn to other (perhaps more important) features. Other than that, I like this. Well done sir.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Lovely map, and the place names are great. Some of the labels overlap (for example, around Greater Northleach). Not sure if that could be avoided with a little tweaking?

I love the colour palette.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Jake View Post
    Lovely map. Excellent labeling and everything is quite unified in style. Splendid job.
    Thanks so much Jake, I'm delighted you like it

Quote Originally Posted by Greason Wolfe View Post
    Have to concur with others, the grid is a bit overpowering. Toning it down (and maybe eliminating it entirely over the land areas) would definitely let the eye be drawn to other (perhaps more important) features. Other than that, I like this. Well done sir.
    Thanks for the advice Wolfe. I've toned the grid down a bit now. I tried removing it completely from the land but it made it difficult to locate places using the coordinates. So I've toned it down a little bit extra overland. Your help is much appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by ChickPea View Post
    Lovely map, and the place names are great. Some of the labels overlap (for example, around Greater Northleach). Not sure if that could be avoided with a little tweaking?

I love the colour palette.
    Thanks so much CP. I've tidied up the labels now (rivers aside) and hopefully it;s a little easier to read everything now. Thanks again for commenting

Don't know what others will say, but I think you are spot on with that grid now. It's visible and usable but not distracting, and let's all those goodies stand out. Again, well done sir.
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Community Leader Guild Sponsor Gidde's Avatar

Agreed; the grid is much better now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12