Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast

Thread: More cities (City Designer 3)

Nice pictures indeed! Still, 3 pictures don't convince me all cities started near rivers
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

I finished Meerzicht. I just had to get this map out of my system before the weekend ends:

http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ad.php?p=44108
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Also, I think I am going to take a break from mapping again. That last map took a piece out of my soul I guess I only wanted to invest about 6 hours and in the end it became like 20 or even more.

I'll resurrect this thread sooner of later.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoel View Post
    Where did you find the top picture? I'd love to see that in high res with all the numbers explained.
    What city btw?
    looks like paris

No new maps, but I am labelling some of my older maps. Several people on this forum asked me to label my maps and now I can see why. It really adds something.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I just love your little towns Gandwarf. I need to sell something so i can buy CC and CD.

I just love your little towns Gandwarf. I need to sell something so i can buy CC and CD.
    Says the guy who is making pieces of art in Photoshop

Me too. I personally would love to have him map my cities. I want to get CC and CD myself, but that's 80-90 dollars that I don't have right now.

Hey, if I can make beautiful cities in PS, and you can make beautiful cities in CD, let's get married and make beautiful little villages together
    Seriously, I'm thinking how awsome it would look to merge the planning, roof tools and speed of CD with the brushes, textures and lighting of PS.
    Just the roof tools alone would kick ass you know.

Also I have messaged a bit with one the creators of Campaign Cartographer. Now I know why the anti-aliasing of CC3 is bad: they really haven't implemented any anti-aliasing. They had problems with the performance. So their advice is to create maps in Campaign Cartographer, but then resize them in other software. A bit of a shame, but now that I can export my maps in huge dimensions it's not a problem for me anymore.

Nomadic, I replied to your questions about CC3/CD3 in the software discussion thread.

Oh, my Concetron map was posted on Simon Roger's blog (the creator I was messaging with):
    http://simonjrogers.livejournal.com/
    He plugged the Cartographer's Guild for me

And I got a guy that asked me if I was willing to a paid commission to create a map for him. That was quite a shock and totally unexpected. Even flattering I must say. But I had to turn him down. This is a hobby for me and I don't want to feel any pressure.
    Last edited by Gandwarf; 01-15-2009 at 06:05 AM.

Page 23 of 30 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324252627 ... LastLast