Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: December 2015 Annual Challenge: The New World

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Hey snodsy, thanks for the input. I tried around 10 different fonts for the 'main' text, and this one (Mool Boran) seemed to be the best compromise of legibility and sizing. If there's time I may try out one or two more, but it will be difficult now because I realized that I have compressed all the text layers... Good news is I won't have to come up with 500 names again, bad news is I'd have to retype them all.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    ....it will be difficult now because I realized that I have compressed all the text layers... Good news is I won't have to come up with 500 names again, bad news is I'd have to retype them all.
    Good grief! Don't you keep a back level file for your work? I'd save the file as backup before I did a compression, and then be able to go bring those text layers in again if I wanted to.

Well, normally, yes. I don't know why I didn't this time. I think I was all like, "Yep, this font is the ONE. COMPRESS LAYERS!!!!!!!!!!"

...And then had second thoughts. Meh.

Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Well, normally, yes. I don't know why I didn't this time. I think I was all like, "Yep, this font is the ONE. COMPRESS LAYERS!!!!!!!!!!"

...And then had second thoughts. Meh.
    <Sigh> Do you have an automatic backing up system on your computer? Perhaps to an external disk or to the cloud? If not, I strongly recommend it. Hard drives do fail and losing everything (and I mean everything) is pretty horrific.

I know better and should be prepared, but laziness is my drug. Every few years when my hard drive fails - voila! Start anew!

Quote Originally Posted by Chick View Post
    <Sigh> Do you have an automatic backing up system on your computer? Perhaps to an external disk or to the cloud? If not, I strongly recommend it. Hard drives do fail and losing everything (and I mean everything) is pretty horrific.
    Also, there's the option of using services like Dropbox and/or Tresorit that gives you some space for free (Follow this link https://db.tt/mMd58ld0 for more space for both of us for Dropbox, if anyone interested) that not only allows keeping your files safe but also allow access to them from anywhere.

I personally save all my maps along some other work and material in my shared Dropbox folders so whenever and wherever I feel like it I can access these stuff.
    Drawing skills? What drawing skills?!

My Deviantart

Looks like this is as far as I'll get before the challenge ends. I don't want to abandon the map after all the time I put into it though, so I'll likely post a finished version eventually (I hope).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123