Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2018 Atlas Awards VOTING and discussion!

Good gracious me this was difficult! So many award-worthy pieces it seems a crime to pick just one per category (though I understand the wisdom in this). Kudos to everyone who got nominated and thanks to Diamond and the other CLs working behind the scenes to put this years awards together.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

So much inspirating piece of art to watch and choose, thats sometimes really difficult to pick one!
    About voting for your own map, that's a bit odd, i personally prefer to avoid voting in a contest where i have a map nominated.

Quote Originally Posted by Francissimo View Post
    So much inspirating piece of art to watch and choose, thats sometimes really difficult to pick one!
    About voting for your own map, that's a bit odd, i personally prefer to avoid voting in a contest where i have a map nominated.
    So, you must have hid yourself under your desk when the scifi page appeared

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    So, you must have hid yourself under your desk when the scifi page appeared
    Yep i tried to avoid voting in that category, hard to be objective when you're in a challenge you kinda want to win

Did my share.... some were harder than others, there were a couple of categories which, to me, seemed to have an obvious winner - I'm sure I'm going to be wrong about those

Anyway, it's done and I'm eager to know the results. I've got this feeling that this is going to be Francesca's year.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    Did my share.... some were harder than others, there were a couple of categories which, to me, seemed to have an obvious winner - I'm sure I'm going to be wrong about those

Anyway, it's done and I'm eager to know the results. I've got this feeling that this is going to be Francesca's year.
    Like last year?

Quote Originally Posted by Pixie View Post
    ... there were a couple of categories which, to me, seemed to have an obvious winner - I'm sure I'm going to be wrong about those
    Wow, really? I don't remember feeling that way about any of the categories. I think for almost every one I had to weed it out and do comparisons one to another before finally choosing. And that in the end because most of them were so well rendered and matched on technical execution that the final choice was entirely subjective. I think almost every map in there could be CC material.

It may be slightly evil of me, but one of things I particularly liked about the Google Form voting is that there's no indication of who's leading in the polls. It makes it much more exciting (at least, so I hoped!) If you haven't voted yet... get on it!

Get your tuxedos and fancy dresses ready for the big announcement early next week!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Oh you wicked lady!

LOL!

Do we get to see where the votes fell at the end?

Not sure. I think it might just be the winners. There could be a bit of work in putting together a list of all the different votes. It's up to Diamond, and how much time he has.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast