Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Feb/Mar 2017 Lite Challenge: The Cephalopod Class Battle Cruiser

Thank you again

Shshsh.... tell you a secret!

Its fan art. I just love Francissimo's space maps

Quote Originally Posted by BlindBlake View Post
    The backstory is well thought, congrats Mouse, I'm curious about the aspect of those ships now I'll stay around
    Oh! I'm so sorry BlindBlake! I didn't see your comment till now

Thank you for your kind words

Yeah, the Dorsal View is Great! I think the Ventral View is a bit pale, it could use more color saturation....

Thanks Bogie

Do you think so?

I'll have another look at that when I've sorted out where to put the other four arms. Thanks for letting me know

Nice! But... Do those cephalopods have anything to say about being used for warfare? I mean, they seem like peaceful creature wandering around the void Or maybe they are created by Manikain (?) inhabitants for that purpose?

Fun shape, Mouse. The nebula is really good as well. Go space squids !

Quote Originally Posted by BlindBlake View Post
    Nice! But... Do those cephalopods have anything to say about being used for warfare? I mean, they seem like peaceful creature wandering around the void Or maybe they are created by Manikain (?) inhabitants for that purpose?
    The Cephalopod class are derived from normally peaceful leviathan inhabitants of the Makayan ocean world, and are easily as intelligent as their tiny masters, but they have been genetically altered to serve as efficient battlecruisers and grow lethal weapons. These modified giants have an unreasonable and overpowering parental instinct towards the one known as 'Laietar' (captain), and would rather die than ignore his or her requests or commands. The cephalopods are in effect totally committed adoring and willing slaves, and the only thing a Laietar has to do to control his ship is make a simple request. He doesn't even have to say 'please'... which has the unfortunate tendency to make some Laietars behave a bit like spoilt brats.

[EDIT: Oh yes - the tesseract drive is a means of instantaneous travel between two points in 3 dimensional space via 4 dimensional space, so while they might appear to be just floating around when they are present at any one time and place, they can suddenly appear or disappear, and be on the other side of the galaxy in the blink of an eye]

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Fun shape, Mouse. The nebula is really good as well. Go space squids !
    Thanks Ilanthar

I'm not too certain I'm going to finish this on time, since the drawing side of things is taking way longer than I thought it would, but if I don't get there before the end of the Challenge I'll finish it afterwards
    Last edited by Mouse; 03-08-2017 at 08:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    The Cephalopod class are derived from normally peaceful leviathan inhabitants of the Makayan ocean world, and are easily as intelligent as their tiny masters, but they have been genetically altered to serve as efficient battlecruisers and grow lethal weapons. These modified giants have an unreasonable and overpowering parental instinct towards the one known as 'Laietar' (captain), and would rather die than ignore his or her requests or commands. The cephalopods are in effect totally committed adoring and willing slaves, and the only thing a Laietar has to do to control his ship is make a simple request. He doesn't even have to say 'please'... which has the unfortunate tendency to make some Laietars behave a bit like spoilt brats.

[EDIT: Oh yes - the tesseract drive is a means of instantaneous travel between two points in 3 dimensional space via 4 dimensional space, so while they might appear to be just floating around when they are present at any one time and place, they can suddenly appear or disappear, and be on the other side of the galaxy in the blink of an eye]
    I knew there was something about those nice creatures who has been gruesomely reduced to slavery! Someone has to take action against those evil Laietars, the revolution must begin!

LOL! That's if you can get close enough to board a Cephalopod before she hits you with an EMP... or vanishes... or both

If there's a way to catch one I'm sure the Japanese can manage it. They can fish for anything anywhere

I've got my hot oil, sesame seeds and chilli flakes on standby

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast