Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Feb/Mar 2017 Lite Challenge: The Cephalopod Class Battle Cruiser

Just watch she doesn't slice and dice you first... oh, wait!

I haven't got that far with the drawing yet!

The best calamari I ever had was in a hotel in the Canary Islands. It was all inclusive - the food isn't usually the greatest on these deals, but it's there if everything else fails. On this occasion, however, in 10 days we ate out about 3 times, and once because we were on an excursion. The food really was top notch but the battered squid was something else. Crispy batter, lovely tender squid within, not a hint of rubberiness that can often happen, and delicious. I had to make my own lemon mayo though.

Sorry to hijack your thread Mouse but it just makes me hungry I wouldn't recommend the squid here to anyone with a pacemaker though

LOL! You do realise that's fighting talk don't you? And once the Challenge is done we're going to have to fight each other with our respective battleships!

And what's wrong with eating calamari and having a pacemaker anyway?

Reminds me a of the Vorlon's ships in Babylon 5. Nice idea and nice start !

LOL! thanks Thomrey! This is getting to be quite a trip down memory lane

I'd forgotten all about Babylon 5 till you just mentioned it now. I can remember Kosh Naranek, but I can't remember what his ship looked like, so I'm going to have to go and have a look for it now...

Aahh... yes, I see now. But the Vorlon ship is more like a squid than an octopus

http://babylon5.wikia.com/wiki/Kosh's_ship

Its going reeeaaaally slooooowly!

### Latest WIP ###
    Cephalopod06.jpg

Does anyone know how to do label leaders like these CC3 ones, but in GIMP? I know about how you're supposed to be able to do straight lines, but it doesn't seem to work properly for me. The start of the line is always wherever I last clicked the image, not where I've got the cursor hovering over where I want to start the line!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    LOL! You do realise that's fighting talk don't you? And once the Challenge is done we're going to have to fight each other with our respective battleships!

And what's wrong with eating calamari and having a pacemaker anyway?
    Nothing, normally, but when the said calamari is emitting EMPs it may disrupt the pacemaker a little.

That could make cooking them potentially rather difficult! LOL!

Okay I'm stuck!

I'm not liking the result all that much in GIMP, so I'm trying something in Blender. Unlike Falconius, however, I've no real control over what happens and I'm even less happy with the result. This is not a WIP, but a show and tell picture of what's happening - more accurately what's going wrong! LOL!

Ceph blender 01.png

If... and that's a very big if... if I can get the Blender model right and textured a lot better than it is, I'm thinking of changing everything out for a two view map - one Illustration similar to this, and one ISO map of the innards shown like a cut away of the same image - illustrating weapons, vulnerabilities, and most important of all - how to get to those crucial meetings once invited
    Last edited by Mouse; 03-10-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast