Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 2018 Atlas Awards VOTING and discussion!

Post Tough Choices

That was tough as there were so many awesome maps and all so different and brilliant in their own way, I just did what I thought most represented the group they were in and if it came down to 2 or 3 equal choices out of that group I just chose which one I aesthetically like myself, either way you are all winners really as I can only hope to get anywhere near as good. So good luck to all!

Guild Journeyer Guild Sponsor Arkidemis's Avatar

All of the maps are spectacular. Hard decisions had to be made, but they were all exceptional. Good luck to everyone!

When it comes to voting for your own map, I think it's pretty cheesy to do so if you're voting for it because it is your own map, but if you genuinely think yours is the most worthy entry, I say go ahead and vote for it. If you're good enough to be up for an Atlas Award, you're probably the harshest critic of your own work.

Done a few days ago. Great map works this last year. Congrats for all the nominees and good luck. And for voting for its own map, I can't do it myself. I don't know if it's a feeling that I share with other cartographers, but when I see my maps among other it seems odd.
    And a great thanks to ChickPea and Diamond for their organization.
    Cheers.

This is really well setup, thank you!

Just reminding everyone that voting ends tonight, so there are only a few hours left. Go vote now, if you haven't already!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Voting will end at around 9PM, so any last minute voters: you've got about 3 hours left...

Phew. It's almost over. It was fun, though.

Choosing just one map to nominate in each category was an agony. I spent many sleepless nights for the past few weeks going through the finished maps and trying to make impossible decisions. However, it was not a waste of time at all - I discovered so many incredible maps created by so many creative and skilled people. I'm on my way to rep them all and I just might finish by the next year

But, to be honest, the voting itself was pure ecstasy Seeing all the nominated maps in one well arranged gallery was awesome! As far as I am concerned, each author deserves a big golden globe for their artistic accomplishments.

Organizing all of this was not just a hard work, but this elegant and clever nominating/voting system adds extra weight to the awards. So, yeah, I second (or third?) the suggestion that ChickPea and Diamond should be awarded with the "Honorable Contributor" badge. Go on now, guys, roll out that red carpet and prepare the snacks and drinks for the after party I've got my little black dress ready
    Last edited by Shall Teclex; 03-12-2018 at 12:33 AM.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Okay, fellow Guildies... tomorrow evening about this time, look for a new thread with all the winners. There were some real surprises, including a couple of ties. Yep, TIES.

To be honest, it is not such a surprise to me. So many good entires, several of them deserve a first place
    New Horizons
    Fantasy maps and illustrations.

All my non-commisioned maps are FREE for personal use. Get them at my home page New Horizons
    Get more of my maps by becoming my Patreon.

Support:
    Patreon | Tip via PayPal.Me | Buy Me a Coffee

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345