Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: September-October Challenge: Favorite Sites of "Nasties" in NY Moviedom

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

looking good crayons, always hard to get a lot of stuff in small places... In my humble opinon I like this latest version better, the drawings are more integrated, making the map seem less cramped. However, I think the grey is to gray, I'd love this with white or a little off white instead.
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Cheers tilt!
    I'm still popping in versions and this was serendipitously the next one - with more white, less hard edges, texture
    Anyone just coming in at this post, there's two other versions on Page 5 messages #49 and #50 of this thread for comparisons.

OPTION/IDEA 3
    ### LATEST WIP ####
    manhatten final 30.jpg
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff
    ............. Some of my 3D Stuff (POVRay)

This entry will probably get my vote for great drawings and text, it will, however, not get my vote for being a great map. Hope I wasn't to harsh on you now, but.. Well ..

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

not a big fan of the "wall paper texture", sorry
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Yup, I'm with both of you on these critiques, which is why I'm still footling around with this thing!
    The map. Hrm. Technically I think I've smothered it rather, in particular I've lost the distinctive shape of Manhattan - The Island. Second, it's too "unsketched" and clashes with the cartoony bits. Thirdly, it's too "flat" in colour. A 3D texture isn't the answer, it always looks like some kind of stippled wallpaper especially the one I just tried, I need to "paint" it.
    --
    "I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly dreaming I am a man"

My Finished Stuff

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

The white soft call-outs above is my favorite. And I freakin love this map. I think it would be the best if you just had more time. That's what I was afraid of. You have so much badass artwork, I wasn't sure how you were going to merge it all together. It's busy for sure, but it's starting to work out. The city background "map" part is very dull. Also, I think a bit of color added to your sketches would be nice.

Overall - I love this piece. Especially the write ups. Great work Crayons.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected Rythal's Avatar

Spelling error in the Flatiron building description : Caeer should be Career I assume

looks good though

This is probably the most "mappy" thing I've done here so far - without resorting to 3D that is. It's also a tad daunting because it's a real place (or so I'm told) and I'm trying to present real data about it. Probably a mistake.
    Anyway, the map part was very plain so I've done a bit of this and that - some PSP textures and some painting stuff of my own. The brick thing is kinda partly because RJ put the idea in my head, partly bacause, well, it's a city, but mostly because it sort of reflects NY's city blocks structure... hrm.
    Anyway, I'm about all done on this, for better or worse - unless anyone comes up with a stonking idea for it or points out some heinous error!
    ### LATEST WIP ###
    manhatten final 53.jpg
    This is a compressed jpg. The original is a pspimage file with more layers than I like to think about - 65 Megs of it. The flattened png file is 17 Megs.
    --

My Finished Stuff

Guild Adept Facebook Connected RjBeals's Avatar

Nice work there Crayons. I'm not totally digging the grass texture, or even the brick for that matter, but it's alright.. What makes the map is the artwork. It'll definitely be one people remember!

I'm lovin' it, and not in a McDonald's kinda way

Keep up the work!
    Daniel the Neon Knight: Campaign Cartographer User

Never use a big word when a diminutive one will suffice!

Any questions on CC3? Post them with CC3 in the Subject Line!
    MY 'FAMOUS' CC3 MAPS: Thunderspire; Pyramid of Shadows; King of the Trollhaunt Warrens; Demon Queen's Enclave

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast