Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast

Thread: Western Torfani

I like how this is coming along. Muy Groovy!

Thanks Saria & Vhey !

The green is a lot less visible than the red on the flags... but well, I'll keep it anyway.
    I've used dots for distances on land roads and circles for sea roads. I kinda like it better, but I'm not sure if it's obvious/easy to read.
    Western Torfani.jpg

Most of the cities/towns are done. I've worked on the moors on the plateau. Still not yet decided about my roads.
    I'm gonna probably work on the labels and illustrations now!
    Western Torfani.jpg

I was looking closely at your cities to know if they are drawn individualy or assembled with various elements. Each one seems unique and well maried with the background (love the one with the bridge). Waiting for the next update.

By Warlin
    I was looking closely at your cities to know if they are drawn individualy or assembled with various elements. Each one seems unique and well maried with the background (love the one with the bridge). Waiting for the next update.
    Well, that's reassuring, thanks. In fact, I did different unique elements at first... then I got lazy and reuse some and mingled them. I thought it could work, but wasn't sure. To me, the main point was to underline the main aspect of the biggest cities and to have consistency (all the region has the same culture).

So, here are some tests about labels and the (very) begining of my illustrations around the key. I'll probably add some other drawings over the map.
    Western Torfani.jpg
    Tell me what you think of it guys !

Hmm, I finally changed the font (I like the previous, but it's not very legible...). I also used a greyer color for sea labels.
    Western Torfani.jpg

Some more labels (not sure of the placement for some of those...) ; maybe the glow is too strong on the forests labels.
    And, I added a bird, I hope less scary than the one on the world map .
    Western Torfani.jpg

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Maybe the glow is a little strong, but nothing to really worry about! If you're worried about name placement, you can always (re)read Imhof's guide http://www.cartographersguild.com/sh...ighlight=imhof . Then you'll be worrying about it even more!

It's looking really good though Ilanthar! The sketch at the bottom really adds value to an already fantastic looking map! I can't wait to see it completed!

Thanks GLS !

I reduced the glow for the forests. In fact, I'm having hard time with the forests labels. The shape of my forests are not that easy for labels... But, well, for now, I'm doing the small labels.
    Western Torfani.jpg

Love those mountains! For the forest labels, one thing that might help with clarity is erasing the foliage line work in the areas where it overlaps with the labels. Look forward to the completed piece.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast