Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: September 2016 Challenge: Gymnopus P

Thanks Josiah

I'm glad you like it. I must have been picking up tips and hints along the way from everyone else, because I normally can't draw for toffee! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Your really captured some atmospheric qualities. Absolutely love the waterfall and mist rising from it. Not too crazy about the shoreline, maybe a little more transparency (kind of a purple maybe?) Lovely job!!
    You were right, Snodsy!

I was messing around preparing the map for a Finished Maps thread later on, and added an extra sheet to the ocean just out of curiosity - a mauve one. The effect tied the ocean into the landscape better, because an ocean on a world with a pink atmosphere would naturally be tinted at least a bit pink. I couldn't go too far with it, however, or I would have lost the blue from the palette.

I had also previously made a frame for the map (a wood texture created using only the palette colours), which in the mix up this morning I just simply forgot.

I feel really guilty about superseding the one that took all that effort to upload earlier (I'm sorry ChickPea... Redrobes) but here it is:

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	18.JPG 
Views:	244 
Size:	3.81 MB 
ID:	88118

I promise this really is the very last on this thread!
    Last edited by Mouse; 09-30-2016 at 01:01 PM.

Mouse, I still want to print and frame this!!! Or at least have it as a desktop image!!! This turned out just stunning!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Hey Storm - thanks

That's quite a compliment!

This isn't part of the collection tied to the novels, so be my guest. I wouldn't advise trying to print it out, however, since we all know what printers do with all the various shades of red! LOL

If anyone else wants a copy just for themselves - that's fine, but I don't want to see it being sold anywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I feel really guilty about superseding the one that took all that effort to upload earlier (I'm sorry ChickPea... Redrobes)
    Don't! There was a problem that needed to be fixed and your issues helped to move things along.

Map looks absolutely gorgeous. Voting is going to be hard this month
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Aw thanks again, ChickPea

I'm not sure whether I shall vote or not. Despite the limitations of each of our palettes, we seem to have produced a huge variety of different styles, and its almost impossible to say whether any one of them is better than any of the others.

It is going to be very difficult!

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Wow. That is pretty stunning. Haven't checked in on the thread in a while and BAM! I see this beauty. Nice!!

Thank you, Diamond

Mouse this is great and only started 6 days ago! Did you draw the mountains in by hand (pen/tablet - sorry I'm not familiar w/CC3)

Thanks AJ

I presume you could use either, but I've only ever had a mouse. And yes - I drew them by hand, one unintentionally wiggly line at a time. LOL

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast