Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Thread: Feb/Mar 2017 Lite Challenge: The Cephalopod Class Battle Cruiser

Really, where are you looking? On Blender.org? CG cookie is a private company not part of Blender, they have tutorials on all things digital art and even traditional. I haven't used any of their tutorials, but some of them look like they'd be pretty good. I recommend searching Andrew Price's channel on youtube: Blender Guru. Try and find a video that looks suitable to your needs and he goes through them start to finish. There are others of course, but he is very consistent and has a pleasant presentation.

Aaaah.... thank you very much Falconius

While believing for the last few hours that I had no alternative than to experiment with the software in a blind state, I've already achieved much of what I wanted to achieve by mistake (and probably not the best or most efficient way possible), but that little tip will come in very handy if I ever use Blender again

Here is a better angle - one that I could conceivably lay out a cutaway map over - somewhere between ISO and top down

Attachment 93582

Now all I have to do with the model is finish the mantle that webs the tops of the arms together, then start building the map image
    Last edited by Mouse; 03-11-2017 at 04:36 PM.

Ok there's obviously an attachment problem going on, although it was there up to just 30 minutes ago.

Here it is again:

Ceph blender 04.JPG

That is so cool Mouse!!!

Aw thanks Bogie

I just hope I have time to do the mapping bit of everything! LOL!

Well, there are no suckers on the arms, and the anatomy is highly simplified, but if I want to finish this for the end of the challenge then I'm going to have to move on from the modelling to the map. So here it is - the Cephalopod

Ceph blender 05.JPG

Very cool render, Mouse!

Aw thanks Ilanthar

I would have liked to add a lot more to it, but time is already very short.

First colour/composition test.

There's still a lot of room to improve the model, the colours, the angle of perspective, and the composition, but for now I'll work with this version

### Latest WIP ###
    Colour test.jpg

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast