Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Urcys

Guild Member

Yes, the map you posted was rather what I want, maybe less crowded for clarity purpose, with the names of the kingdom on it. But borders should show by something like a wall, or other features of frontier checking just like a set of outposts, wall etc...

I have an idea. Your landforms look very stylised (i.e. not real, but symbolic), so why not go the whole way and make your 'map' a symbol that is not obvious? In this example I've done it as a mobile, earring, pendant or something like that. The little 'gems' are your city symbols. Might be eyecatching for a book cover?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Guild Member

I see.
    That's quite an amazing idea you got there. It might be better this way effectively. So I need first to think about the symbols I want to draw that's it ?

If that is the idea you want to go with. I did this Serif Drawplus (which I find very easy and quick to use) but you could also do it in photoshop. If you would like to stick with the example map I posted before, then that was done in Campaign Cartographer 3. (or CC3) This might be the best software for you to draw maps as it requires very little drawing since all the symbols are pre-made and you just stamp them on using your mouse. But be warned, it works very differently from photoshop and there will be time you will have to invest in learning how it works.

Guild Member

Same for psp and photoshop no ? Through I need to find the brushes !

Oh !
    I have this software.
    I had brought it very long ago. However, I can't make a single map with it.

I'm completely lost, and never was able to follow a single tutorial on it. Even the "preset" are bugged in my version, they don't launch when I double-click on it :'( But I agree it would be the best sofware to use by now. If I had the manual to use it.

Mika.
    Last edited by Ukyuu; 02-23-2011 at 08:57 AM.

Guild Member

Well, I'm curently giving a go to the map with symbols right now.

Guild Member

Well, the symbol isn't good either... nothing's coming out of this. I'm going to use another method and post it here in one or two hours. Maybe we can do something if we start with some correct material ^^'.

Guild Member

I think I'm going to find a big wall and bump my head against it repeatedly...

lol, Rome wasn't built in a day, and make sure it's a wall of pillows. Most importantly: Have fun!! If you don't find the process of making maps enjoyable, then perhaps it's not for you.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast