Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: New Dawn of the West: Redesign Part 2

Quote Originally Posted by AslanC View Post
    LOL!

I hate to say this, but it was CM who came up with the scheme and I have adjusted it slightly... le sigh... did I mention I created the world though? It was my idea! ALL MINE!

It's all good. Solo or collaborative effort, it's all the same. Still looks good, so I'll just spread the rep around a bit.

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Coyotemax's Avatar

I will say as a collaborative effort, i really did push myself in ways I might not have otherwise. I would have left it as done on the first day

But adjusting oplacements and features around really helped to drive a story (and bring in some more from what I gather) so I feel like the sum is worth a lot more than the individual parts

yay!

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected AslanC's Avatar

Absolutely... there were things that happened by random chance in the textures that made me rethink certain areas of the West, which in turn caused me to rethink the politics attached to them.

That's the best when the artist and writer can work together to really come up with some new directions.

That said I can't wait for us to do our next map, The East!

Whew!

Okay that's all labeled now... the only thing left for me to do is touch up the roads a smidge and think long and hard if there is any room for the bloody river names...

Here is the penultimate version. The next one will be put in the "Finished Maps" section.

Excellent!

Btw, i would leave the river names off at this time. The northern areas have room for it, but if you name one you must name them all, and the southern areas are packed enough as it is.
    Last edited by Coyotemax; 08-20-2009 at 12:53 AM.

My finished maps
    "...sometimes the most efficient way to make something look drawn by hand is to simply draw it by hand..."

I think my brain melted somewhere around Eisenbrück

Agreed on the river names. That will just have to wait for the document that explains each nation.

Guild Artisan Facebook Connected

Okay, minor critique, and this may not be important... but the eastern-most mountains are called...

The Dragonspie Mountains?

As in... Dragon's Pie?

If you've heard the phrase Cow Pie, I think you know where I'm going with this. I'm guessing it's supposed to be Dragonspire... but I thought I'd check.
    I think, therefore I am a nerd.
    Cogito, ergo sum nerdem.

Check out my blog: "The Undiscovered Author"
    It's the story of a writer... follow me in my simple quest to get published, and share your own writing stories, adventures and writerly tips.

Pimping my worldmap here. Still WIP... long way to go, but I'm pretty proud of what I've done so far...

Quote Originally Posted by Karro View Post
    Okay, minor critique, and this may not be important... but the eastern-most mountains are called...

The Dragonspie Mountains?

As in... Dragon's Pie?

If you've heard the phrase Cow Pie, I think you know where I'm going with this. I'm guessing it's supposed to be Dragonspire... but I thought I'd check.
    Well . . . you know, in the old west, they used cow pies to start camp fires, maybe they could use dragon pies to start bonfires!

GW
    GW

One's worth is not measured by stature, alone. By heart and honor is One's true value weighed.

Current Non-challenge WIP : Beyond Sosnasib
    Current Lite Challenge WIP : None
    Current Main Challenge WIP : None
    Completed Maps : Various Challenges

Shouldn't it be Dragonspire Mountains?
    Check out my City Designer 3 tutorials. See my fantasy (city) maps in this thread.

Gandwarf has fallen into shadow...

I'm just glad someone ELSE caught the typo this time, I think AslanC is getting tired of me correcting him

My finished maps

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast