Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Adventure Building

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

hmmm... I'm afraid we'll end up with a 400 page scenario *lol*
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Exactly. We will need to limit this at some point so we can do a proof of concept here. If it works then we can add on later if we desire.
    “When it’s over and you look in the mirror, did you do the best that you were capable of? If so, the score does not matter. But if you find that you did your best you were capable of, you will find it to your liking.” -John Wooden

* Rivengard * My Finished Maps * My Challenge Maps * My deviantArt

Blog Entries

yep.. and I think we have the basic concept in place allready. Now we'll just give it a few days for people to sign up ... and everybody feel free to keep coming with ideas, in brainstorming you can do no wrong
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::

In talking about map overlays and such, one has to consider some things. This will essentially require a DM to have the maps printed on some sort of transparent media. While I've never done it, it's probably safe to assume there is a cost, and likely not a small one. Especially for such a map-heavy product as this is likely to be. While it would be great if a DM could print the entire product, I think that producing a product that requires expensive printing may be counterproductive.

Obviously that's just my two cents, but I thought it was worth putting out there.

Blog Entries

I agree with industrygothica, overlay maps would be cool as a handout, but you'd have to have special paper if you don't want to make it to easy for the players to see its supposed to overlay (like when printing on totally transparant media, like used for presentations) - if you print on normal 80 gram (don't know the US equivalent but its what you'd use in your printer at home) paper it is possible to see through it on for instance a window with sun outside ... but since games often take place at night...
    Now we don't know if this will be a pdf or print-on-demand scenario yet - but I'm 99.99 percent sure that it wont be a professional printed scenario with the options of cool inlays and stuff - cause that would require printing at least 500 to get a semi decent price, and the guild don't have money to put that up front.
    regs tilt

the maps could have obvious places that could be traced with some cheap paper and a pencil, or we could just provide a finished map showing the maps combined, the idea here is that the players figure it out, not neccessarily have to physically do it. (Though that is cool, don't get me wrong) but for our purposes just having the final result as another map the DM can hand out or show would be enough.
    If we wanted to get really clever we could design the maps to be combined two ways, a right way, and a wrong way, the wrong way looks right but sends the characters to certain doom.

Blog Entries

Could have a map(s) that when folded a certain way reveal a hidden clue/message. A la Romancing the Stone. Would be easy enough to combine this folding idea over several maps that could be combined I should imagine.
    Royal: I'm very sorry for your loss, your mother was a terribly attractive woman.

My Cartographer's Guild maps: Finished Maps

More maps viewable at my DeviantArt page: Ramah-Palmer DeviantArt

Yes, I had entirely forgotten that lots of people do VTT stuff, so the idea of overlaying maps might not be so appealing...

Maybe we should put our current scenarios up to a vote, and then move on to whatever the next step may be?

-IG

Guild Master Facebook Connected jtougas's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by industrygothica View Post
    Maybe we should put our current scenarios up to a vote, and then move on to whatever the next step may be?

-IG
    I'd second that
    I am the breath of Dragons...The Song of Mountains...The Stories of Rivers....The Heart of Cities.... I am A Cartographer....

Finished Maps
    Kingdom Of Shendenflar Campaign Setting (WIP)

Everything I post is free for use and redistribution under the Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 3.0 licence, except where noted otherwise in the thread.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast