Thread: CC3 - World Mapping Tutorial

Tutorial CC3 - World Mapping Tutorial

Hello Everyone,

I recently joined this community when I decided to create my very personal D&D campaign setting. So I bought the Campaign Cartographer 3 from Pro Fantasy since it promises a fast and easy way to create maps for all kinds of purposes. To cut the story short, it keeps word. This program is an easy to use, very powerful tool to create maps. It will definitely not challenge all the beautiful hand-drawn maps in the forum but this isn't an option to all the beginners and hobby cartographers anyhow. Yet, there is a drawback to a tool like this: You have to read the manual and watch lots of tutorials to become familiar with it. And especially when it comes to world mapping I didn't really find any tutorial that portrayed the outcome I had in mind.

So here I am, publishing my very personal tutorial for all the CC3 beginners out there. Note, that even though this is written from a beginners view I didn't want to cover every step in detail. So if you have any trouble while following the tutorial or you do find any mistakes, please be so kind to write me and I will fix it as soon as possible.

Happy mapping
    Malmo3000
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CC3 World Mapping Tutorial by Malmo3000 (v.01).pdf  

If you are curious about the world of Skalderand be sure to follow the progress of my campaign setting (here).

Quote Originally Posted by Malmo3000 View Post
    I didn't really find any tutorial that portrayed the outcome I had in mind.
    Nothing negative meant about your tutorial, but anyone who wants to get serious about ProFantasy's Campaign Cartographer 3 really should go to the ProFantasy website and buy the Tome of Ultimate Mapping.

https://secure.profantasy.com/products/tome.asp

After you have that, there shouldn't be much that you can't do.
    Mark Oliva
    The Vintyri (TM) Project

Hey Mark,

thank you very much. I really didn't know about this one and I will definitely look into this in the future. As for the tutorial itself, in the first place it was intended to give me a step-to-step guidance to produce multiple maps with a consistent style then I expanded this one to help other beginners as well. Anyhow, I really hope someone will profit from this one.

Happy mapping
    Malmo3000

Guild Applicant Facebook Connected

Thanks for a fantastic tutorial for this style. Picked up CC3+ as soon as I realized they included Herwin Wielinks style in it. And this tutorial helped me out immensely getting started doing my world map with it. Very easy to follow! Only thing I will say is I got stuck in the underlined part because I didn't click on the continent I was trying to turn to snow after I clicked on change properties so if anyone else gets stuck on that part remember after doing List and clicking on change properties to click back on the land mass you're trying to change before right clicking and doing the rest. It's pretty obvious regardless. But just wanted to save some folks a few frustrating attempts before they figure out what they're doing wrong! =D