Thread: City of Mandala

Default City of Mandala

Hello everyone! I've been playing a bit with sketchup and twillight render during the christmas hollydays and tried to make a small city based on a mandala.
    I started with a monochrome mandala picture, vectorize and color it in illustrator, put it in qgis to transform in collada format and then import in sketchup.
    The textures were added in sketchup and upgraded with twillight render for lights effects. For those playing with sketchup i strongly recomanded twillight render, it's free to use, easy, and it really improve 3D renders with nice ligh effects on textures.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mandala_city.jpg 
Views:	695 
Size:	1.52 MB 
ID:	78688

Very cool idea! I guess it could actually be on of those "utopic urban community" project you may find somewhere in India. And of course, I'll get a closer look on this Twilight Render software, the lights effects are indeed excellent on your map! Thanks by advance for the tip & info !

Guild Adept Facebook Connected xpian's Avatar
    Golden Gate Park Panhandle, San Francisco

I love when people show off what sketchup can do. I keep thinking I should play around with it more, or with Blender. Great job.
    _*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_*_

Open to cartographic commissions. Contact me: christian [at] stiehl.net
    christianstiehl.com

Blog Entries

Oh, I was losing this!
    Excellent result, Franc!

Thanks guys!
    i really advise to use twillight render combined with sketchup, it's easy to use compared to other render soft like arctlantis or v ray, just be carefull with the light effects: they are time consuming to render, having a gamer graphic card is usefull for those one