Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hostargo - Commission WIP

For me they work but you gotta be careful in the island crowded areas. Try not to overcrowd these places, maybe by showing some conflicted waves indicating wild behaviors of the waves. I'm really jealous of that piece of yours Impressive !

Just one question, what's your working resolution ?

I like the look of them.
    Me personally, I would probably make them a little tighter/closer to the land, but that's just me.
    Waterlines are always a tricky balance for me.

You bunch are quick to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    For me they work but you gotta be careful in the island crowded areas. Try not to overcrowd these places, maybe by showing some conflicted waves indicating wild behaviors of the waves. I'm really jealous of that piece of yours Impressive !

Just one question, what's your working resolution ?
    Alright.. Yeah. Overcrowding wouldn't be good.
    I'm glad you like it! If there's anything in particular you're wondering how is done just ask!

The resolution should be 300 DPI, but I went to the file and looked at it and it was actually like 470 DPI. It should be 300 DPI.

Quote Originally Posted by J.Edward View Post
    I like the look of them.
    Me personally, I would probably make them a little tighter/closer to the land, but that's just me.
    Waterlines are always a tricky balance for me.
    Okay, I'll try some tighter ones and see how they look. Thanks for the input.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I also really like how this is looking, very good job so far!

This map is looking amazing so far!

Really nice start Josiah!!! My opinions:
    The sepia tone is very good, the forests and mountains are awesome, so the desert!! The sea is a bit crowded for my taste, but the shapes are cool!

I can only agree with all the compliments that you have already received, Josiah. Your map is beautiful at this stage. Keep it up this wonderfull work.

I usually work at 400 dpi to reduce at 300 dpi on the final draft (ok, I still gotta reach the final draft on any of my started maps but don't be sassy please) but I think I'll try working at 600 dpi just for the fun of having my computer being able to fry an egg. Thanks for the answer Josiah.

More and more comments.. Happy day!

Quote Originally Posted by Dysterkvist View Post
    I also really like how this is looking, very good job so far!
    Thank you Dysterkvist!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    This map is looking amazing so far!
    Thanks so much Dan.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom View Post
    Really nice start Josiah!!! My opinions:
    The sepia tone is very good, the forests and mountains are awesome, so the desert!! The sea is a bit crowded for my taste, but the shapes are cool!
    Thanks Tom. I understand what you mean about the sea.. Do you think there is anything I should do to make it look less crowded?

Quote Originally Posted by Warlin View Post
    I can only agree with all the compliments that you have already received, Josiah. Your map is beautiful at this stage. Keep it up this wonderfull work.
    Thank you so much Warlin.

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    I usually work at 400 dpi to reduce at 300 dpi on the final draft (ok, I still gotta reach the final draft on any of my started maps but don't be sassy please) but I think I'll try working at 600 dpi just for the fun of having my computer being able to fry an egg. Thanks for the answer Josiah.
    Resolution has never been a problem or worry for me, because I haven't printed out any of my maps yet!

So.. it's amazing how much you can do if you just sit and work hard for a few hours. Got basically all the colouring done. Hopefully I haven't ruined it all and those nice comments go to waste Let me know what you think of this version.
    Whenever I start colouring I always think "This is hard, how did I do this before?" But then it turns out all right. I'm pretty satisfied with this, although I think colouring may still be my weak point.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RPG MAP - Copy.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	2.61 MB 
ID:	84495

I'm still wanting to make a border and a title.. I'm impressed with all the fancy borders people are making but I honestly have no idea how to make them. If anyone has suggestions or tips it would help!

Let me know what you think!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

That deserves some reputation Josiah! Beautiful coastlines, well made texture!
    We all wish to create, but do we really create?
    What we draw and what we write is part of us.
    No we do not create, we simply discover who we are.
    **My maps have copyrights**

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast