Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Hostargo - Commission WIP

Mmmmmm... I just noticed how well the plateaus are drawn... Inspiring but also quite intriguing!
    We all wish to create, but do we really create?
    What we draw and what we write is part of us.
    No we do not create, we simply discover who we are.
    **My maps have copyrights**

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

1. Awesome map.
    2. Awesome map.
    3. I like the clouds around the mountain peaks and the random ones over the land. (Have you tried adding clouds around a couple more mountains? Not a lot - don't overdo it.) Less fond of the clouds at sea. The look isn't quite the same, somehow.
    4. Good, simple border - a wise move to not distract from the great art on display.
    5. AWESOME MAP!

Awesome indeed... It's a work of art, Josiah. I love quite everything but the way you did the waters is really great. The clouds are gorgeous, but I think they actually work a bit less on the mountains (where you added them first). Don't know why exactly...

Quote Originally Posted by Elterio Delgard View Post
    Mmmmmm... I just noticed how well the plateaus are drawn... Inspiring but also quite intriguing!
    Thanks, what about them do you like?

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    1. Awesome map.
    2. Awesome map.
    3. I like the clouds around the mountain peaks and the random ones over the land. (Have you tried adding clouds around a couple more mountains? Not a lot - don't overdo it.) Less fond of the clouds at sea. The look isn't quite the same, somehow.
    4. Good, simple border - a wise move to not distract from the great art on display.
    5. AWESOME MAP!
    Thank you so much Diamond!!
    Hmm.. Anything you can name specifically you don't like about the ones over the sea? I actually really liked the one in the top right corner, different opinions I guess. I'll see what the client says.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Awesome indeed... It's a work of art, Josiah. I love quite everything but the way you did the waters is really great. The clouds are gorgeous, but I think they actually work a bit less on the mountains (where you added them first). Don't know why exactly...
    Thanks Ilanthar.
    Hmm, I actually wasn't happy with the ones I originally added so I redid them, once I upload an update let me know what you think. Thanks again for the feedback!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Okay, the client didn't like the clouds. The three reasons: 1. They distracted from the map, drawing the eye to much 2. He said it seemed too much like a representation of real time weather 3. He said it made the scale seem too small.
    Those are all valid reasons, so no more clouds. However he did like the mist, indicating more mysterious places.
    Mist over the forest, bay in the north, both lakes in the mountains, in a new marsh he asked me to add, and over the swirly island chain.

At 50% size

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Land of Oriya.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.02 MB 
ID:	84763

Let me know what you think! This may be the temporary final version, I'm still playing around with labels.. I don't know when the client will have all the names, he said it could be a good while.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

I really liked the clouds but the client knows what he wants and it's indeed more readable like this. Great job nonetheless, with or without clouds

Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    I really liked the clouds but the client knows what he wants and it's indeed more readable like this. Great job nonetheless, with or without clouds
    Oh, missed this! Thanks Thomrey!
    Well, next map hopefully I'll do clouds.

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Here is the (mostly) finished product! Probably this will be the only text as the client wanted players to be able to name things themselves. This is for a Table Top Rpg called "Hostargo". I'm going to call it finished for the time being but actually he is going to contact be in a while with some more towns to add on the map.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RPG MAP - Copy.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	3.02 MB 
ID:	85170

Let me know what you think!

PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Cannot compare it to the previous one right now but it's gorgeous !

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast