Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: June 2016 Challenge : Fairy Lutece

Don't forget that the Temple district was once home of the Templar knight, the Marais was a marshland area. On the left bank, the oldest churches of Paris can be converted into pagan temples (là, je kiffe). And the chatelet as a fortress, le Louvre a castle or a ruin to be explored. Last but not least, les Halles that I personally call the Moria due to the height of the vaults and the constant presence of hordes of goblins customers.
    Those are just some raw ideas, I'm bored in a bus between Paris and Nantes.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I don't check on this for a few days and then I come back and it's completely blown me away even more than it already had. The level of detail is incredible!

Got to love that dragon skeleton too!

This is already so good Ilanthar.
    Your work is always so ambitious. I love it.

This is just crazy good! Like the smoke above the chimneys, breaks up all the roof tops. Keep it going!!

Wow... you know you're at the cartographers guild when you feel the need to say "thanks" at the beginning of each post ! So, thanks a lot for the support and suggestions guys!

@ Diamond : to answer the question : a matter of time mainly, so I did not participate to much challenge... plus some fear, I heard some competitors may be inclined to shoot you in the knees .

@ Thomrey : thanks for the ideas. I probably won't do much on the other side because... time. But I do like some of your suggestions! What do you mean by the District Temple btw?

@ Snodsy : glad you like the chimney's fog. It's supposed to came from "industrial" or "alchemical" factories. Should I put more?

Another update. I haven't done all the shadows, but this part is close to be done (unless you spot a very wrong thing).
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fairy Lutece.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	2.30 MB 
ID:	84683
    Next, the third island and the other bank!

Le quartier du Temple (entre le marais et la place de la République) était autrefois un fief de templiers. Un ordre de moines combattants, ça pue la fantasy !

[back to english] I have to admit, the Mont Saint Michel is way better than the Jardins du Luxembourg
    Last edited by ThomasR; 06-25-2016 at 04:58 PM.

By Thomrey
    Le quartier du Temple (entre le marais et la place de la République) était autrefois un fief de templiers. Un ordre de moines combattants, ça pue la fantasy !
    Ouaip, je connais bien les templiers, j'habite près de la Forêt du Temple et de leur ex-plus important fief si ma mémoire est bonne... Je ne connaissais pas l'existence de ce quartier dans Paris, donc merci pour l'info !

Sadly, I won't able to use most of your good suggestions Thomrey. I seriously have to reduce the size of the city on this side of the Seine...
    Here's an update.
    ### Latest WIP ###

Views:	55 
Size:	2.45 MB 
ID:	84724
    I still have a lot to do, even with less than I first planned... Not sure at all I'll be able to give this a finished look till the 1st of July. Anyway, not sure of my last additions, so any comment welcome!
    And now, i'm gonna get some sleep.

Another update... Except for the Louvres & the Bastille, I think I've done all the buildings right now...

### Latest WIP ###

Views:	57 
Size:	2.62 MB 
ID:	84757

Enorme! juste énorme!
    après le challenge pourquoi ne pas continuer et faire le reste?

A titan at work !

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast