Thread: The Lands of the Frozen Tears (Lite Challenge map)

Map The Lands of the Frozen Tears (Lite Challenge map)

Hi There !
    Here's "the Lands of the Frozen Tears" challenge map done during the May/June 2016 Lite Challenge. From the beginning and throughout the mapping process, I was inspired by John Edwards (Middle Earth set) and Mike Schley (Cormir Map) maps.
    Meandern Lands is a country subject to constant and intense religious tensions. Two gods clash for domination of the lands and seas. The Blue Moon and its hordes of nomadic tribes, its whalers sailors and its proud kingdoms to the margins of set-aside land have the support of the fearsome witch seleneenne and his diehard followers. The Red Sun is worshipped by the fertile and healthy kingdoms of the North benefiting from the expert advice of the purple Magi sitting on the Earth fire throne.
    This map was produced under Procreate with an Ipad and a Adonit Jot Touch stylus. Labels, city icons, frame have been designed with Inkscape.
    A great Thanks for all the comments in my challenge Thread and more generaly across the guild whose achievement have greatly inspired me. This map is a pure Cartographers Guild product. A special thanks to Bogie for giving me the opportunity to make this map for his book "The Old Mage Finds a New Love" whose succes is now assured , and yes a touch of green is much better. Another aside for Snodsy whose enlightened comments allowed me to finalize this map giving relief to forest and landscape.
    Voila !
    As usual feel free to comment, rate or rep.
    Cheers.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpeg 
Views:	1141 
Size:	1.64 MB 
ID:	84555  

I love this style both the line art and the coloring, and I'm just hoping to see more maps done with it !

Have to agree with Ilanthar here, I think you've definitely nailed the styles you were going for. The contours on this map look fantastic, and the colors are spot on. Beautiful work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    I love this style both the line art and the coloring, and I'm just hoping to see more maps done with it !
    Thanks Ilanthar. I enjoyed doing this map and i want to draw a set of my Djaïa world with a really similar one. I'm waiting two or three weeks before trying it.

Quote Originally Posted by arsheesh View Post
    Have to agree with Ilanthar here, I think you've definitely nailed the styles you were going for. The contours on this map look fantastic, and the colors are spot on. Beautiful work.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh
    Thanks Arsheesh. The work on the color and the contours was inspired by the opposition of the cold and the ice, the meteor crater and the volcano dongeon.

Mmmmmm.... The mountain style you have there is quite cool! Reminds me of my first style in drawing mountains, but way better! Now I know what to improve on my old style!
    We all wish to create, but do we really create?
    What we draw and what we write is part of us.
    No we do not create, we simply discover who we are.
    **My maps have copyrights**

I like the mountains as well. Nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Elterio Delgard View Post
    Mmmmmm.... The mountain style you have there is quite cool! Reminds me of my first style in drawing mountains, but way better! Now I know what to improve on my old style!
    Thanks Elterio, there is so much way to draw mountains...

Quote Originally Posted by Jayharchitect View Post
    I like the mountains as well. Nice work.
    Thanks Jayharchitect.