Thread: Partial Pangea Map

Guild Novice

Map Partial Pangea Map

First post!

I have always had a problem with prevarication when it comes to creating maps. So I finally just bit the bullet and forced myself to draw the following map in one sitting.

The initial outline was quickly drawn in pencil, then the details were added with a felt tip.

The map represents the western segment of a super continent. My intention was for the geography to be plausible but fantastic. Also the graduation of detail is intentionally vague as in a fantasy/medieval setting accurate scale maps tended not to exist. To give an idea of scale the distance covered North to South is roughly the distance from Scandinavia to the African Coast of the Mediterranean.

I should also state that I have taken inspiration from many better cartographers and artists, including from this site. I have also collected names over the years from many sources.

Obviously there is always room for improvement, so I am interested in any advice or feedback you may have.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Imperial Map.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	5.80 MB 
ID:	84704

Welcome to the Guild!

I actually really like the rough sketchy style of this map, closer to what someone in-world would actually be able to draw up to represent their known lands. Your landscape seems to be believable enough, and no river problems as far as I can see.

I also really like the whimsical names and the double headed dragon has that very medieval-drawing feel to it. Well done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk