Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thendrais

Map Thendrais

I am up way too early... but that means more mappage for you
    After doing Vehlymahr, I wanted to try to get more age and wear on the next map, which is this one - Thendrais.
    I was trying to make this one look a bit more like a single person had made notes to it.
    For this one, the scribe of Naelis has annotated it for Naelis's captains as they scout and survey areas of the islands.

Thendrais is to be a sort of ancient and wild land, but with hints at even older things.
    Anyways, here you go - a really worn out map of Thendrais.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Thendrais 3 by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	734 
Size:	1.12 MB 
ID:	85734

Really, really cool and inspirational. I think this new style of yours has a very appealing feeling for books or rpg. I mean, you immediately think "story" when you look at it.

Wow! That is so cool. The notes are fabulous, it adds a lot of depth to the map. The weathering looks great, and the title is awesome. It is really neat how the notes and title follow the circle. I find that the mountains just having highlights is a little strange, maybe too bright. Other than that this is epic!

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

The weathering of the map is really a good job and using handwriting instead of some font really adds to the map. Great piece again, it's becoming boring

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Really, really cool and inspirational. I think this new style of yours has a very appealing feeling for books or rpg. I mean, you immediately think "story" when you look at it.
    Thanks Ilanthar I'm trying to get a more story feel to some of these, so glad that it convey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josiah VE View Post
    Wow! That is so cool. The notes are fabulous, it adds a lot of depth to the map. The weathering looks great, and the title is awesome. It is really neat how the notes and title follow the circle. I find that the mountains just having highlights is a little strange, maybe too bright. Other than that this is epic!
    Thanks Josiah The 'chalk' highlights are strong, maybe a bit too bright. There is shading though. Maybe not as strong or contrasty as some would prefer, but it's there.
    Quote Originally Posted by thomrey View Post
    The weathering of the map is really a good job and using handwriting instead of some font really adds to the map. Great piece again, it's becoming boring
    Haha, thank you Thomas Must endeavor to not be 'boring'... will do some non great pieces soon. [I'm sure I have plenty sitting in the bin somewhere haha]

J. It's not fair...think I can rep you so soon! This is excellent work, love the old world feel.

I can't believe I'm saying this... But I do agree that the . mountains might look even better with a color. They look shiny. Are they supposed to be shiny? ( I can't believe I'm making suggestions on a J.Edward map!)

Great work as always!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Fantastic! I really love the antique look of the map, the notes and the colours you choose. It's an amazing concept

Quote Originally Posted by ladiestorm View Post
    J. It's not fair...think I can rep you so soon! This is excellent work, love the old world feel.

I can't believe I'm saying this... But I do agree that the . mountains might look even better with a color. They look shiny. Are they supposed to be shiny? ( I can't believe I'm making suggestions on a J.Edward map!)

Great work as always!
    Thanks Storm Well, the highlight is supposed to be 'chalk' so it would be bright... but it is perhaps too bright maybe.
    I did make a change to it, but just haven't uploaded it yet.
    Quote Originally Posted by FrancescaBaerald View Post
    Fantastic! I really love the antique look of the map, the notes and the colours you choose. It's an amazing concept
    Thanks so much Francesca

I could've sworn I already commented and repped this, but it seems I didn't...

I just love the colors and the overall feel of the map. The torn edges of the paper are a really nice touch, and I just adore the typography on title! I could stare at it for hours.

Guild Expert

I really like this! The colours are great, and the way you did the square shapes, and slight stippled texture in the water almost makes it look like it was painted on tile. It's really neat, definitely one of my new favourites.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast