Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Commission: The City of Brightwater

Map Commission: The City of Brightwater

Presenting my second completed Commission Map: the City of Brightwater (made for Leopardi).

You can see the original WIP thread here. The name Brightwater was a late change by the client: it was originally known as Waterdeep.

Thanks to everyone who commented along the way, or supported the project. And, of course, thanks to Leopardi for giving me this commission.

As always, feel free to drop a comment, spend some rep, give us a thumbs up (figuratively), or roll your eyes!

THW

Method
    This map was drawn freehand, and then coloured, shaded, and annotated digitally.

This map took much much longer than it should have--nearly a year and a half (life and such getting in the way, mainly)--and I am extremely grateful to Leopardi for his relaxed attitude towards the timeframe.

Description
    Brightwater is a large and bustling city, home to many diverse races and peoples, and where every alley is steeped in trade, religion and magic.

I have depicted only the old-town of the city centre, and some of the suburbs outside the walls. Within that area, however, are the enclaves of winged elves, the ghettoes of the giantkin and orcish kind, the dwellings of the river gnomes, which cluster around the docks like barnacles on a ship, and the underwater district of the sea elves.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Brightwater (2016) final.jpg 
Views:	2129 
Size:	6.85 MB 
ID:	87149  

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Professional Artist Guild Supporter Wired's Avatar

A wonderful piece. If I could pick on one point that I feel could be improved it's the lack of ships and boats. Having a few of these could turn this from a beautiful yet static map into one that's truly alive.

What a beautiful piece, I can see why it took a while to complete, so much detail, love the cliffs, reflections and shapes of the buildings are really cool, only comment the green trees seem overly vibrant?. Will spend some time looking over all the details, great job and inspiration. Have some reps.

This is gorgeous! I loved zooming in and seeing the incredible detail you put into this map. Amazing job!

Excellent work THW
    I'll have to post this over on the FB Guild page.

Guild Journeyer Guild Supporter onez's Avatar

Wow! Love the Miyazaki-ish colour palette!

(also nice touch with the Giordano Bruno statue on the lower right)

Beautiful and inspiring! I love the numerous details, the underwater city and layout. I kinda agree with Snodsy about some colors being a bit saturated, but it's only a minor matter.
    Well done!

A really beautiful map and the underwater quarter is a nice idea.

Stunning! It was interesting seeing the slow progress over the time I've been on the guild.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Professional Artist Facebook Connected Blaidd Drwg's Avatar

Jawdropping! And the underwater area really gives it something extra (as if this needed it).

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast