Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: September 2016 Challenge: Gymnopus P

Blog Entries

I am pretty sure that if nobody is able to upload a wip because of site issues then the challenge will be extended a day so that people can get their last wip's in.

If the image is the same size in pixels and below the max Megabyte size then your ok. If you have added extra detail and now its grown in file size then just save a copy as a JPG and lower the quality just a little until it fits. I think the normal maximum image size is something like 4.7Mb but it tells you when you upload it.

BTW - I have been following this map and its very good ! I may not vote at all this time since I entered but if I did I think yours would be a strong contender.

TestAttach
    Name:  TestAttachment.JPG
Views: 52
Size:  15.6 KB
    Last edited by Redrobes; 09-30-2016 at 05:53 AM.

Redrobes, it may (possibly) just be Mouse who's having a problem. I was able to upload an image this morning.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Blog Entries

Yeah me too. Hey mouse - if you can email then send it over and ill put it up. If the image goes into this thread with the wip tag then it will be shown as your image in the thumbs.

Thanks Redrobes

I've just emailed it to ChickPea. We'll see if she can do it first, or with my kind of luck just lately you'll jam each other up! ROFL!

Er... guys?

This is going to seem really rude of me, but I wasn't joking about that appointment. It can't be cancelled and I have to get ready to go.

I'll be logging off now and hopefully will be back in a couple of hours.

Sorry for the tangle I'm leaving in the meantime.

### Latest WIP ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	1.78 MB 
ID:	88066

(Edit by ChickPea to upload image due to technical problems/gremlins in the machine)
    Last edited by ChickPea; 09-30-2016 at 06:04 AM.

That was a bit of a palaver.

I could not get it to upload. I tried adding it to Mouse's comment (via Manage Attachments), then to one of my own comments, but no joy. Eventually, i uploaded it to my own web space and added it via the URL, rather than by upload from my PC and that finally worked. Not sure if this is a weird one-off glitch or a sign of a problem somewhere. If anyone else has issues, they can let us know.

Still, it seems to be showing now for Mouse, so all is well!
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

**THANK YOU**

Have to go now...

Sorry!

Your really captured some atmospheric qualities. Absolutely love the waterfall and mist rising from it. Not too crazy about the shoreline, maybe a little more transparency (kind of a purple maybe?) Lovely job!!

Quote Originally Posted by kacey View Post
    Hopefully someone will be kind enough to give you a little leeway. It would be a shame to see you do all this work, and come to the finish line only to be held back by a computer error. I wish you good luck either way, the map is looking good up until now, and I'm really hoping to be able to see it in the final voting.
    I've been reprieved, Kacey. Thanks for your concern

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxilon View Post
    Good work and I'm totally craving cranberry juice after looking at the color of it. Don't give up, you can do it. Besides, these usually get closed down whenever one of the involved CLs gets home from work and has the energy to prep everything for voting.

Keep running little mouse!
    I'm still scampering around, Jaxilon! Thanks for the encouragement

I loved the colours when I first started, continued to be fairly pleased with them, gradually got rather used to it all, then finally got a bit sick of seeing mostly red! LOL I think my next map will be nice and cool blue-green.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrobes View Post
    I am pretty sure that if nobody is able to upload a wip because of site issues then the challenge will be extended a day so that people can get their last wip's in.

If the image is the same size in pixels and below the max Megabyte size then your ok. If you have added extra detail and now its grown in file size then just save a copy as a JPG and lower the quality just a little until it fits. I think the normal maximum image size is something like 4.7Mb but it tells you when you upload it.

BTW - I have been following this map and its very good ! I may not vote at all this time since I entered but if I did I think yours would be a strong contender.
    Thank you for all your help - you and especially ChickPea, who dived in to save the day. I'm hoping that if ChickPea needs a couple more hours to sort out that shadow thing on her own map, Diamond might oblige - since it was kind of my fault for distracting everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by snodsy View Post
    Your really captured some atmospheric qualities. Absolutely love the waterfall and mist rising from it. Not too crazy about the shoreline, maybe a little more transparency (kind of a purple maybe?) Lovely job!!
    Aw thanks Snodsy

If I hadn't just caused quite a fracas by getting the last WIP uploaded I might be tempted to have a look at that ocean, but I'm ok with it the way it is, and besides - I think everyone really deserves a break from having to rescue me

General note: What a great place this is - full of all these lovely helpful and encouraging people

And you said you couldn't draw, what rubbish! This looks amazing!
    The misty effect in the back is really great, it makes the mountains look distant. I hope to see more hand drawn pieces by you in the future.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast