Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Sept/Oct 2016 Lite Mapping Challenge: Baba Yaga's Hut.

Post Sept/Oct 2016 Lite Mapping Challenge: Baba Yaga's Hut.

So this is my first participation in mapping challange. When i saw the introduction i stopped for a second when read Baba Yaga's example. I already knew this is a good one for me. Not so inventive maybe, but i don't care.

So this is a rough sketch which i scanned into pc. I will be drawing lines again digitially, thats why i didnt care about precision of lines and good setting for scanning. It's just to give a general idea of image.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	baba-jaga_resize.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	504.1 KB 
ID:	87890
    Last edited by Voolf; 09-25-2016 at 11:37 AM.

Great start, very cool. A different interpretation than I'm familiar with, but I like it!

Welcome to the challenge.

I edited the "thumbnail scrapper" so it would pick up you art. You had to many asterisks and needed a couple spaces. Now you can also click the WIP icon that is 2 buttons o the right of the upload button and it places the Latest WIP code for you.
    Last edited by Bogie; 09-25-2016 at 01:49 AM.

Ok, i am not new to forums per se, but i have absolutely no clue about that WIP thing and how people used to paste images here. I am sorry, but i think i need like noobie explanation for that.

What i did is just in Manage attachments, upload new image and then Insert Inline it with button below. Then i just center it. If there is like a rule how to post it, please do explain me that. I don't know where is the WIP button you are talking about, is it in Manage Attachments ?

Edit: Ok i found it. So this Insert Latest WIP Tag is basicly just inserting plain text? It seems like i still have to insert image below that, right ?
    Last edited by Voolf; 09-25-2016 at 09:01 AM.

Hey Voolf, that WIP button on the toolbar is indeed just a shortcut to insert the text to save typing (people could never remember the correct formatting!) The thumbnail scraper looks for that text and displays the image underneath on the mapping thumbnails page. If you insert an image without the text, the thumbnail scraper doesn't see it. If you insert the text and no image, well, same result!

Basically, when you're ready to post an update, type any comment you want to make, hit enter once or twice, then click the 'Latest WIP' button and it'll insert the tag. I usually hit enter once or twice again so that I'm on a new line when I insert the image (it just looks nicer!) Click the 'Manage Attachments' button and insert your image the usual way from there. It should appear underneath the Latest WIP text. That's really all you have to do. Hope that's clear, but if not, let me know.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Yeah seems clear, i will try that next time, thank you. One thing though, what is thumbnail scraper? is it the "latest wip" text ?

Sorry, should have explained that!

So, go to the main Lite Challenge folder (click here). See near the top of the page where it says 'Current Lite Mapping Challenge Thumbnails'. Click on that and you'll see thumbnail images of all the challenge entries. That's what the thumbnail scraper is doing. It's picking up everyone's latest challenge pic and making them available on that page. You can look at the thumbnails page and see a snapshot of everyone's entry and where they're at. People often use this page when it's voting time, as it's too much hassle to click through the entire WIP thread for every entry to find the latest image.

All clear now?
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Crystal clear !

Ok, so i did the lines. I change the surroundings a little bit, but the twisted tree with the hut are basicly the same as sketch.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	baba-yaga_lines_resize.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	261.2 KB 
ID:	87910

I hope i did the WIP-thing right this time.

Guild Expert

This look's really awesome so far! Can't wait to see it progress, you're line work is really nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    Ok, so i did the lines. I change the surroundings a little bit, but the twisted tree with the hut are basicly the same as sketch.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	baba-yaga_lines_resize.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	261.2 KB 
ID:	87910

I hope i did the WIP-thing right this time.
    You got it exactly right. Nice update.

Are you going to do this entirely as a B&W drawing or are you going to color it?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast