Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sept / Oct 2016 Lite Challenge: The Minotaur's Lair

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Poison View Post
    Thanks, GLS! I've never made a physical mosaic before, I don't think I'd have the patience for it. I'd probably get started on a big piece, full of enthusiasm, and then lose interest... Leaving pieces of stone and mortar lying about, covering everything in dust, and feel bad about not finishing it!
    Haha, yeah, I totally understand that. Plus you don't have handy shortcuts in real life such as copy, paste, rotate, mirror.

The map looks really nice by the way and it's been great watching it build up!

Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    This is amaizing... never seen someting like this before...
    Don't you mean a-maze-ing? Ba-dum-tsh (someone had to make that pun)
    Thank you! If you enjoy the mosaics you check out this thread - it's what originally prompted me to want to try mosaics!

I'm happy to see my map is well-received. It's not a style I see a lot, and I'd really urge others to try it! It's definitely quite different from other methods, and I think that means you can learn a lot from just attempting it.

By the way, I want to mention that I'm using Lazy Nezumi a lot with this map. It allows me to draw smooth lines and do things like the circles/curves very easily. It's worth checking out!

This labyrinth is spectacular! I love the colors and the mosaic feel. I wonder if the mosaics can be done in cc3+? Hmmmm something to think about.

I created a labyrinth for the August mapping challenge, so I will be watching this one with great interest!!!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Thank you, ladiestorm! I can't say I've ever worked with cc3+, but fingers crossed that it's possible

Another update, possibly the last: added texture to the stones, weathered some away, added variation in colour, added grittiness to the grout... Looks a lot less flat now, I think!

I wanted to save it as a PNG to preserve the transparency, but that made it too large for the forum. Whoops!

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wip8-jpg.jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	5.64 MB 
ID:	88486
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Views:	61 
Size:	5.61 MB 
ID:	88485  
    Last edited by Poison; 10-14-2016 at 07:52 AM. Reason: better version

Very nice. Very nice indeed

For you, Poison, some rep

@Storm - Mosaic would be possible in CC3, but I think it might look quite different to this. Another area for us to explore

Thank you, Mouse!

An even newer version, with some shadow issues fixed, some more weathering, and some small stone fixes:

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Views:	277 
Size:	5.64 MB 
ID:	88487

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I like it, Poison! Those new changes are subtle but effective.

Thanks, GLS! I'm pretty sure this is the final version It turned out better than I was expecting, and it was quite fun to do.

Superb work!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123