Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: The underworlds of Agarta

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Ooh, I wasn't expecting those sorts of colours, but I like the direction it's heading! As mouse said, really good job on the inking!

Wow!!! You turn your back for one minute in this place, and there's another masterpiece in the making. I really like the direction this is taking. Looking forward to seeing more. This could be headed straight for my inspiration folder...

THW

Formerly TheHoarseWhisperer

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected

Wip Colour phase 1

Worked out a cool way to draw lava today! Got the basic fluids in place, started work on the top left area and my god its time consuming trying to get lighting right!
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Underworld colour 1.png 
Views:	41 
Size:	9.42 MB 
ID:	89364

Nice work! Your line art is fab.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

making progress slowly, 4 hrs later and i have kind of finished the top left corner! deadline is ticking down! thinking i'm going to leave some black and white and some colour where it makes most sense but we'll see. File has just clicked over 10 meg so linking it to my imgur site

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	UbxcGbp.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	1.36 MB 
ID:	89372

Well, I am almost ready to submit this. I will add a Map key and do a final submit but heres the map, didn't get to finish the colour as i thought but it looks ok with parts in black and white especially as the lava will cause bleaching of colour anyway!

### Latest WIP ###
    http://imgur.com/1qfkzJI

That's certainly a breathtaking map

I can see the versions you have uploaded here a lot bigger than the one you have linked to, though!

Very nice! Lots of excellent details.

Ok Here it is. I hope i made the deadline.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	s1Ao2PN.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	89411
    Below is a description of the map items.

1. The Elven Kingdom of Nügua
    Once surface dwellers the Elves of Nügua have been forced underground by constant warfare with human invaders of their lands. They found it more agreeable to live among the vast luminescent fungal forest and have adapted to the environment through domestication of several native species such as the giant crabs and bats of the cavern.

2 The Fungal Jungle is a mysterious and amazing expanse of multitudes of fungi and underworld organisms. It is perhaps as diverse and possibly more dangerous to the uninitiated as the jungles of the overworld. One feature is its multihued lakes each possessing unique medicinal qualities of which the elves have spent centuries discovering and improving upon.

3. The fissures are a maze of miles and miles of crevices and crannies within the bedrock. Although sometimes used as a shortcut to other areas of the underworld by the elves, one would be a fool to enter here without a guide as many have disappeared exploring the depths, some say terrible beasts lurk within.

4. The Vortex, is a strange series of whirlpools leading no one knows where, but it is thought the water that is drained here falls as rain on the other side of forerun

5. An Ancient Aboleth outpost, the crystals mined here are of great magical worth, that is, if you can persuade an Aboleth to teach you how to use them.

6. Mavinau Trench holds a secret entrance to the Aboleth outpost. The immense depths hold many other things also.

7. The remains of a crystalline tower, a complete mystery how it came to be in these depths. If one would be so brave there is a way inside.

8. Soulmine Collective was once a thriving Gnomish city, its resident’s intent of solving the secrets of the ancient tower. However a collective of mindflayer had different ideas and now enslave the gnomes with more nefarious designs on the ancient discoveries.

9. The Temple of Eternal Nightmares is a sacred site built in an age gone upon the slope of Coaldragon mountain by used by followers of the Dream Overlord, the power of this place is beyond mortal comprehension, this is joined to the overworld by the path of Infinite Madness.

10. The Chimney, a powerful flow of superheated gas is funnelled upwards here among natural fissures

11. Demon Maw is a spectacular natural phenomenon providing a conduit between the magma chasms of Mt Coaldragon and the Devil Tong falls.

12.Faith Edge Falls is a vast shelf of rock Hundreds of feet high over which the phosphorescent Delia River plummets unendingly in a wondrous spectacle, well said to be one of the greatest sights in all of Forerun

13. Balloon spore colonies are prized by the elves on the underworld for their amazing buoyant qualities. Usually the colonies are tended and cultivated to produce prize specimens.

14 Gulpins Landing is a secretive and wondrous magical city hidden in the depths of the Underworld accessible only by those invited, not much is known of its whereabouts except it lies somewhere along the Delia River banks on a great Fungal Plateau.

15 The Enigma, some say it’s only a story, but it is said the Enigma posses something beyond divine, its presence, if real, is most likely in close proximity to Gulpins Landing.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I think the end colours are a bit too strong overall for my tastes, but nonetheless fine work on this piece Imants!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast