Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Nov / Dec 2016 Lite Challenge - Dyson's Floating Isles

Wip

I was hoping to get more done on the Skyrealm map today, maybe even finish it, but I've got to pack up my stuff for a Dungeon Crawl Classics game this evening!

I appreciate that the one thing that keeps me from my gaming work right now is actual gaming.

And as a footnote, I was thinking the same thing as you, Bogie, and ended up adding extra hills. I was waffling on it until your post and then just went with it.

### LATEST WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161204_152425-01.jpeg 
Views:	68 
Size:	1.41 MB 
ID:	89924
    Dyson's Dodecahedron
    an RPG blog, with a few maps

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

That works, and the rest of the map is coming along nicely too.

Default It looks nice

It looks nice. Good Job!

Wip

Probably the last work-in-progress photo of the Skyrealm map before I start working on the maps of some of the structures.

I need to thicken the lines of the structure on the left a bit, it seems out of place in the wrong way right now. And there should be SOMETHING in the middle of the main island, but everything I've tried I ended up erasing.

I need to have the whole thing (including sub-maps) done by the 15th, so who knows how many submaps I'll add and if I'll eventually find something to put right there in the middle of everything.

### LATEST WIP ###

Name:	20161207_174031-01.jpeg 
Views:	55 
Size:	1.83 MB 
ID:	90025
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Pretty much all my maps are drawn by hand - ink on paper - and then scanned and contrast-enhanced

Looking good, you could add another building in the middle or just some rock & bushes.

Quick warning, we normally close the challenge and start voting late on the 14th, not the 15th. Eastern US time.

It's a fantastic setting Dyson ! I hope you'll find time to do all teh plans you ... well, you planned

Not an official Work In Progress shot for this one, just a quick snapshot as I work on the first of the submaps.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20161208_185227-01.jpeg 
Views:	38 
Size:	2.96 MB 
ID:	90048
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

Due to popular demand (ok, so it was one person, but I couldn't say no), there is now a perfectly circular hole through the large island.

The perspective looks a bit off in this photo, but it'll look better when scanned.

Name:	20161208_221349-01 (1).jpeg 
Views:	54 
Size:	1.22 MB 
ID:	90049
    Dyson's Dodecahedron

This is looking like a lot of fun. The sketch work is amazing and I love the idea that if the priests get a bit too authoritarian those ropes could easily be cut.

Excellent!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast