Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Merelan City

Thank you so much Abu - for the high praise for Merelan City, but also for trying to make me feel better for having a similar idea to yours/sub-consciously developing your idea slightly differently

If there were more than just 48 hours left to complete an entry, then I might seriously think about it.

Thank you also for the rep and the very kind comment you made on it

Mouse! I am so glad to see this finished!!! You have definitely outdone yourself ... and all of the head aches, and set backs, and mountains to overcome has resulted in the most fabulous piece of mapping artwork! It's giving me all kinds of ideas! I told you I was thinking about restarting Cathoulla City... because I didn't like the direction is was going... you have inspired me to start it from scratch with a whole new approach!

This is absolutely Cartographer's Choice material! If I could rep you more than once I would... but I can't, so you will have to settle for just the one ;D!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

well, apparently, I can't rep you yet... but I promise, as soon as I can... this one deserves it!
    Like a thief in the night
    she comes with no form
    yet tranquility proceeds
    the accursed storm...

check out my new Deviant Art page!
    https://www.deviantart.com/ladiestorm

Hey Storm welcome back! I hear you were having some connectivity problems.

Thanks for the outrageously generous praise

I 'm so glad to hear you talking about Cathoulla City again. I was wondering when you would go back to it.

Are you going to do a sort of... semi-photorealistic Perspectives version - like a hybrid between Merelan City and Mok Torkan - Tonnichiwa's new city map?

Now live on Flinders Island in the Bass Strait between mainland Australia and Tasmania (40deg lat)
    Blog Entries

This map has my nomination choice for sure. Such a wonderful city, and i loved all the descriptions on the proFantasy Forum.

Thank you qwalker

I think, though, that there may be many more beautiful, inspirational and deserving maps than this one - some of which are just so magnificent that they make Merelan City look like a bit of light-hearted fun - though of course no one would ever be bold enough to say so, if I had not already said it myself.

For instance, I just happen to prefer Katto's HMS Bounty, which is just about the most incredible thing I've ever seen.

Great map, Mouse! The color palette and all the details are very well done. The amount of work to obtain this is quite obvious, but the result match the effort!

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Great map, Mouse! The color palette and all the details are very well done. The amount of work to obtain this is quite obvious, but the result match the effort!
    Aw - thanks Ilanthar

I have somehow managed not to comment on this thread so far, so I'm rectifying that now. Congrats on finishing, Mouse. It's a glorious map, and it's obvious at a glance the amount of effort you've put into it. I love that you've given so much attention and care to tiny little details that 99% of people will likely overlook. It creates the feeling a 'real' place with a proper backstory.

Rep will be incoming and I'm really interested to see what you turn your attention to now.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Aw thanks, ChickPea

I'm a bit lost without the city to work on. It took up so much of my time that it almost became part of my life! LOL!

I think I will probably try out a few new things now - different software and different styles - a magical mystery tour

Besides... I seem to remember that I promised you a hand drawn map not too many hours ago

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast