Thread: Zarafell - My Second Map

Default Zarafell - My Second Map

My second map. Tried to add a little more detail. Let me know what you think.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Map (2).jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	774.4 KB 
ID:	90224

Wow! I'm not much of an expert on maps, but this looks great! The only thing that detracts from it is that the labels are really bold and they sort of pop out at you before you see the rest of the map. Other than that, it looks really good!
    ~ Herone Bleu

Quote Originally Posted by Herone Bleu View Post
    Wow! I'm not much of an expert on maps, but this looks great! The only thing that detracts from it is that the labels are really bold and they sort of pop out at you before you see the rest of the map. Other than that, it looks really good!
    ~ Herone Bleu
    Hey Thanks! I do actually agree with you about the bold labels. Mostly just the white ones. I found that was one of the only colours that was actually readable, everything else blended in with the map too much.
    This map was particularly fun because I'm so very passionate about backstory, lore, and history. I found that as I was naming places, I was able to piece together a great history for this continent. It would have almost no relevance towards the story in the game, but at least I'm thorough!

A nice map Skyeshard. I'd agree with HB about the labels on the land. I think part of the issue might be the inner glow you have surrounding the text. It has the effect of making the text appear blurry. Another option using the same color might have been to ditch the glow, lower the opacity of the text to say 50% and then added a full opacity 2px stroke (using the same color) along it. This, I think, would have made the text more readable while allowing for a bit a bit more style than just plain text.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh