Thread: Jan / Feb '17 Lite Challenge: Libertatia Ruins

Guild Apprentice Facebook Connected Tulio Botinha's Avatar

Wip Jan / Feb '17 Lite Challenge: Libertatia Ruins

This map shows the way to find Captain Henry Avery most precious gem, Libertatia the pirate city and all the treasures lost in there,

The pirates of libertatia used to be "vigilant Guardians of the People's Rights and Liberties"; they would stand as "Barriers against the Rich and Powerful" of their day. By waging war on behalf of "the Oppressed" against the "Oppressors," they would see that "Justice was equally distributed." (Ty wikipedia)

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tumbnail.png 
Views:	45 
Size:	847.7 KB 
ID:	92278

I don't think that a treasure map can't be a simple "X" place because if it is anyone can find it, so this map will only have clues.

This time I will punch myself in the face if i don't manage to finish it before the time ends.

Ok i got to finish this map, if you guys cant find the solution let me know and i will explain.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	img016.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	4.32 MB 
ID:	92283

The text is in black because it is not supposed to be visible, the idea is that it is written using candle wax, so you would need to put ink or ashes over it to see
    Last edited by Tulio Botinha; 02-04-2017 at 11:18 PM.

Cool map! Welcome to the Challenge!!

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Great work on this Tulio. The aged effect works well and your linework is really nice.

The only bit that really let's you down I think is the obvious font at the top. If you can fade it or at least make it fit properly into the boxes, it would work a lot better.

Also gotta love the theme of the map. It might not be at all, but was this Uncharted 4 inspired perchance?

TY GLS,
    I cant say that Uncharted 4 didn't had any influence..... it is such a great game.
    I see your point about the font, i´m still thinking what i'm going to do with it since it's not supposed to really be visible.

Guild Journeyer Facebook Connected Rongar's Avatar

This is really cool. I wasn't able to solve the riddle, but the map itself is beautifully drawn. Same goes for the ornaments and the compass rose. Well done!