Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: February 2017 Challenge: Mordor Holiday Resort

Cats?

Where?

Brilliant idea and so much fun !

I think I'm about finished here, unless I spot any mistakes or things I don't like. I've had enough today and will look at it again with fresh eyes tomorrow.

I got some inspiration from Redrobes and Ilanthar's ideas. Redrobes suggested something with foreign languages/translations. I didn't really have space for more text, but then I remembered something I've seen on hotel booking sites. When you go to booking.com it'll say "We speak your language" on the hotel's page. I've also seen some hotels including flags for the languages their staff speak, so I decided to go with that idea and added some banners for various Middle Earth races.

Ilanthar suggested adding something about Sauron's Eye for security. I started to write up something, then I remembered the palantiri (the seeing stones), so the security paragraph sorta morphed into Mordor wifi via the palantir stones. So there's a new paragraph of text under 'Wi-Fi'. I'm going to have to leave it at that as there isn't any room for more text.

So, hopefully, I'm done, but if anyone spots anything that needs fixed, let me know.

### Winner ###

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mordor-final.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	2.81 MB 
ID:	92960
    Last edited by ChickPea; 08-26-2018 at 09:43 AM. Reason: Added Winner tag
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

That is a masterpiece ! The warg stables are a must !

Haha, thanks Thom! Bring your shin guards and probably a baseball bat and maybe a shotgun too, just in case!

That's just plain wrooooong!!!! LOL!

What about a Hobbit's thigh dangling from a stick? Warg Turbo Boost!

This is pure brilliance! I just read aloud some of the recreational activities to my wife and we both had a good chuckle. Full marks for creativity and wit. In fact, I'll remember this piece when it comes time to nominate a piece for the "Most Creative Map" category of next year's Atlas Awards.

Cheers,
    -Arsheesh

I agree with Arsheesh, it's very creative and brilliant. A bit too "classy" and clean for a mordor prospectus, maybe... or is it done by elf slaves ?

Thank you, Arsheesh & Ilanthar for your comments!

[QUOTE=Ilanthar;332008 A bit too "classy" and clean for a mordor prospectus, maybe... [/QUOTE]

Yeah, it probably is, but I wanted it that way just to make it all the more incongruous. I could have made something that looked like it'd been drawn by an orc (soooo just my regular drawing, then!!) but trying to make it look like an upmarket 'classy' establishment is just so... wrong! And that's what the challenge is all about.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast