Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feb / Mar '17 Lite Challenge: IGS Cherev

Default Feb / Mar '17 Lite Challenge: IGS Cherev

I doubt I'll be able to get it anywhere near done in the time I have, but I've got something on the workshop floor so I figure I'll enter anyway. Also I couldn't stand it if I entirely missed this contest, because I was really looking forwards to this one. What I figure is that instead of what I actually had planned at the beginning I'd do a ship in the style of the Tannhauser gate ships I was making. Big change though is that time is so short I'm thinking of sketching it quick as I can in blender and then finishing it off by hand in pen. We'll see though. (I would do it all digitally for speeds sake, but working painting/drawing programs with a mouse is too painful for me.)

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CherevSample1.png 
Views:	39 
Size:	173.7 KB 
ID:	93502
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CherevSample2.png 
Views:	75 
Size:	158.0 KB 
ID:	93503

Not going to have time for anything more today, this is my progress so far though.

I guess it should be IGSS though, Intergalactic Spaceship. Or IS? Hmm... I decided to go with a more literal interpretation of "battleship" which is, as far as I'm conceiving it, heavy armament and heavy armour as paramount features. I'm also justifying it in the understanding that the 'smart' weapons that make battleships obsolete today, like guided missiles and air planes/drones (or in this case space fighters and drones), have been largely neutralized by active defence mechanisms. The big tube in the center is a gun.

This is looking very cool Falconius! Your 3D renders are absolutely great, but that is more of a general comment than just for this entry (:

Exquisite! Impeccable detail! Fantastic composition!
    And those numbers, 93502, my absolute favorite numbers.

Just kidding, I can't actually see the images. Probably something to do with the database errors that were happening.

I offer map commissions for RPG's, world-building, and books
    PORFOLIO | INSTAGRAM

Yeah you have to click them to see them. I didn't want to mess around with the post what with the database errors.

Wonderful work, Falconius. I'm having to resort to Blender as well, but I'm not terribly good at it. You're miles ahead already

Welcome to the challenge Falconius! Nice start.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

Ooh, another cool 3d render from you Falconius! I hope you find time to complete this even if not for the challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by DanielHasenbos View Post
    This is looking very cool Falconius! Your 3D renders are absolutely great, but that is more of a general comment than just for this entry (:
    Thanks Daniel

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    Wonderful work, Falconius. I'm having to resort to Blender as well, but I'm not terribly good at it. You're miles ahead already
    Thanks Mouse, I took a look at your and I think that's pretty good for someone just jumping in.

Quote Originally Posted by Bogie View Post
    Welcome to the challenge Falconius! Nice start.
    Thanks Bogie.

Quote Originally Posted by GLS View Post
    Ooh, another cool 3d render from you Falconius! I hope you find time to complete this even if not for the challenge!
    Thanks GLS, the end goal here was more for a base to draw over al la Ilanthar or Snodsy's previous 3d assisted maps.

Not sure which way I'm going to end up going with it though, I always get bewitched by the possibilities and then nothing gets finished.

This is great stuff Falconius as it looks almost like I imagined the QEIII's Spitfire drones might look

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast