Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: A whole lot of Intime-Maps [will keep updated]

Professional Artist SteffenBrand's Avatar

Thank you Mouse, greatly appreciated!
    There is one I HOPE I CAN SHOW SOON It is so crude I laughed while drawing it
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Your style is very distinct and pleasant, Steffen . This is very nice and clean, with great icons.

Thank you Ilanthar! Also thank you again for the rep! =)
    If you check in again tomorrow, I'll have posted another one!
    Visit me on ArtStation.

As promised, here we go with the smugglers map of Havena:

After the flood, the lower city of western Havena was gone. 300 years later, all that remains are sunken ruins waiting to be forgotten in the cursed mists of the past. The ones lurking in this parts are smugglers, those who seek fortunes in the lightless depths and those who are lost that can't dare to walk among society. This is a map from smugglers. With notes. You can see another version of the map before the flood above.

I loved making this map! To be honest, I laughed so much while drawing It is so crude and loose with notes that tell their own story. I wished there were more maps like that

I included some water damage where ink was blurred. I thought it gave it a bit of a rougher and used look.

Also, it is the first map I had to put in a 'sexual themes' warning on Deviantart... just because of a not so subtle... well, you'll see. Some say, many cartographers try to hide something like this in some pieces. There is not much hiding going on. With the temple of Rahja (goddess of love and wine, a bit similar to Aphrodite), these smugglers went dirty on the map. Enough of that already, Steffen...

So, I hope you like it, it is a bit exciting to put it out there, because honestly - I have no idea what reaction it will evoke. It is part of our current crowdfunding campaign of Havena. If you are interested, look it up here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	smugglers_plan_of_havena_by_steffenbrand-dccns9u.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	531.3 KB 
ID:	107298

(c) Ulisses Spiele GmbH, 2018
    Best wishes, Steffen
    Last edited by SteffenBrand; 05-27-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Oh my word!

Maybe its a blessing in disguise I can't read any of the little stories

I love this map with all the little notes and I can imagine it must have been a lot of fun to make!
    Little sidenote: I read "Krankenversicherung" instead of "Krakensichtung" and was really confused.

Quote Originally Posted by SteffenBrand View Post
    Also, it is the first map I had to put in a 'sexual themes' warning on Deviantart... just because of a not so subtle... well, you'll see. Some say, many cartographers try to hide something like this in some pieces. There is not much hiding going on. With the temple of Rahja (goddess of love and wine, a bit similar to Aphrodite), these smugglers went dirty on the map. Enough of that already, Steffen...
    I looked at the map before reading your description and I was wandering if it was just my dirty mind. *lol*

@Mouse: Thanks! It is very likely that there will be an English version in the future. Feel free to not read it

@Neyasha: Thank you! It really was. And no, it's not you, it really is there...
    Visit me on ArtStation.

I realized I haven't posted here for a while, even though I had done a bunch more of them. To make it up, here is a larger one I worked on last. =)
    Hope you like it; and maaaaan, I have to keep this somewhat up to date...

Best wishes, Steffen

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	finLOWRES_A4_IT-Flusssegler_SteffenBrand_V5.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	1.43 MB 
ID:	110606
    Visit me on ArtStation.

You have some shiny lighting skills these days

Thank you, ThomasR! Yeah, I'm trying to learn and improve my stuff; but as you know there is a lifelong path ahead. =)
    With these, I'm somewhat bound to the distinct style they are supposed to have for this game. But I'll use the wiggle-room I got, at least I hope so.
    Visit me on ArtStation.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast