Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: March 2017 Challenge: A Sailor's Journal

Great idea, Hustle ! I'm looking forward to see your next "ant" steps on this.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yes, much better on the grass; it looks pretty convincing now. I await your next steps with ant-icipation.

Thank you guys for the feedback. I would really appreciate any critique as well.

As for now, I only have one or two small additions before I'd consider the post "finished". I don't like saying that, because I'm not a huge fan of the way it looks, but on the other hand, I'm far too amateur to make it look any better! Regardless, it'll be something to use as a base on which to build some skills in drawing and rendering.

I'll try to get a few more things done to polish it a bit.

Hey Hustle

I think it's a great idea, and it looks pretty good. Are you going to colour the drawing?

Thanks Mouse! I suppose I should at least give it a shot. I'll play around with coloring it to see how it looks.

A few labels, and maybe a few routes across the water?

How about a scale of some kind?

Just a couple of ideas

There's always room for a sense of humour when naming things as well

Ah, of course! Thanks again, that's good advice.

Administrator Facebook Connected Diamond's Avatar

Yep, labels and maybe some indication of the vessel's route would help flesh things out nicely. Maybe show the locations of the various colonies that are being traded with?

Alrighty. I wasn't able to get any decent coloring done on the map, so instead, I opted for an aged look to make it our current protagonist's family heirloom, passed down from his father and grandfather. An ancient sailing map across a backyard. Heh.

Anyway, here is what I'll be calling my "Finished" Map, partially for sake of time, and partially because I think I've exhausted my shallow bucket of GIMP know-how. I'm labeling this "Latest WIP" so that the thumbnail will show up in the group.

Should I do anything special to move it to a finished map?

### Latest WIP ###Click image for larger version. 

Name:	March 2017 Challenge A Sailor's Journal.png 
Views:	103 
Size:	6.08 MB 
ID:	94089

Great work there, Hustle

I love the labels and the raggedy look of the map - like its been used a lot. The map has a story now.

Nicely aged

EDIT: Oh yes (sorry got carried away looking at the map) All you have to do is add the Latest WIP, which you have already done.

Generally we create a finished map thread once the Challenge is done with and the compass awarded. You can link back to this challenge thread as the WIP for your finished map.
    Last edited by Mouse; 03-29-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12