Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: March 2017 Challenge: After the Storm

Guild Expert

Nice job Mouse, I'm really impressed with the background in this piece, I can't help but want to peer around the map to see what else is hiding behind it. The only one thing that I'm going to nit pick about is that it's a little hard to see the boat. I know it's suppose to be in shadow, but maybe just a tad brighter so it doesn't feel like a strain to see it?

Aw thanks Kacey

I'm afraid there isn't anything behind the map itself. The background is really only a border, but if I ever get the urge I might fill it out and print it as a picture in its own right, though I'd be hard pressed to know what else to put in the middle.

I've re-rendered the boat in daylight and used that to screen the original night time version at about 30% opacity. I hope its enough. I didn't want to bring it any brighter, but I agree with you that it was a bit dark before

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	After the Storm29.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	94084

WOW. Mouse, that's an incredible piece. From the gorgeous background to the detail in the map itself, as well as the surrounding text and story... Awesome work!

Aw thanks Hustle - kind of you to say so

Good color scheme for the map, very harmonious with the background. Very nice improvements on the ship too!

Thank you Ilanthar

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345