Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shape land like Slartibartfast with an augmented reality sandbox (BoingBoing article)

I've worked on a similar project last year, during my work. It could be done with a kinect, a videoprojector, a computer and a sand box. It's possible to get the ressources here.
    I failed to put it in place because all the programming part is done for a kinect v1, and sadly, we bought a v2...

Wow, that's pretty cool that you've done some work on something similar, even if it didn't come together in the end. That's too bad about the wrong version. Maybe the programming will be updated some time soon and you can try again.
    "We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"

Well, for my part, it was a project conceived as a part of an temporary exhibit. So, it's a finished thing now. But I've learned from it and we used the capacities of the kinect for another project (which invited people to control a computer by gestures instead of using a mouse). A bit like in minority report but with a goold old videprojector instead of a tranparent screen.

Anyway, that's proof it's possible to do something similar with far less than 7K !

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

So cool ! Thanks for sharing !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12