Thread: Looking for size input on island nation

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Wip Looking for size input on island nation

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fortuna Thumbnail WIP map.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	169.0 KB 
ID:	93971

Hi, all, I'm working on fleshing out my Island of Fortuna for my own RPG world and just added these mountains and am realizing I'm not too sure how big the island needs to be to get these mountain ranges in. Am I approaching small continent? I was thinking about 300 miles long and 150 miles across. Any thoughts?

Do you mean do the heights of the mountains as shown by the graphics match an island of 300 by 150 miles? If so, irl I think most any mountains compared to land of hundreds of miles across only amount to a few pixels tall. If height's not exaggerated, mountain ranges are like little bumps on a tortilla. When I see the mountains on your map my first assumption is to take them as symbolic and they look just fine.

Sorry if I misinterpreted your question though. I think I might be.

I would say they are just fine. Remember that the mountains on your map do not have to reflect the real size of the mountains to an inch, especially not on an "isometric fantasy map". If you want to show real elevation, I'd suggest doing a different style of map altogether.

Guild Novice Facebook Connected

Thanks! I realized I can do whatever I want! haha