Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: March/April 2017 Lite Challenge: Finding the Fleet

I think this looks really fantastic. It is an interesting cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    Hey now! There is a fine tradition of drawing goofy dragons and other beasties on maps.

I can't even count the number of times I have done something like that. It just seems to happen. One time I accidentally formed one side of a continent into a rhinoceros. Haha.
    I agree with Bogie that it works for you in this case.

Nice looking book cover!
    I love your dragons! Never stop drawing them

And what rhinoceros? No! Don't point me in the right direction for the map (if you left it as it was) - I always have the devil of a job un-seeing things like that! LOL!

Thanks, Chashio

Quote Originally Posted by Falconius View Post
    I think this looks really fantastic. It is an interesting cover.
    Thank you so much Falconius

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking really great - love the coloring, very vibrant and exciting
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

I knew you shouldn't have given up on this Mouse, oh yee of little faith in yourself This is absolutely fantastic now, totally eye catching and very well presented.

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    Looking really great - love the coloring, very vibrant and exciting
    Thank you Tilt - you're too kind

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    I knew you shouldn't have given up on this Mouse, oh yee of little faith in yourself This is absolutely fantastic now, totally eye catching and very well presented.
    Thanks Straf - greatly appreciate the encouragement

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I love your dragons! Never stop drawing them

And what rhinoceros? No! Don't point me in the right direction for the map (if you left it as it was) - I always have the devil of a job un-seeing things like that! LOL!

Thanks, Chashio
    No worries. I love drawing the dragons... and other creatures.

Hehe, um, well... the rhino was in a world concept sketch for a client. Thankfully [because he wouldn't let me change it] not the same region as the finished map.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

I've heard about the rat as well - the one you spotted in another challenge map

Quote Originally Posted by Mouse View Post
    I've heard about the rat as well - the one you spotted in another challenge map
    Haha Oh yes, Blobby. He showed up again recently - as a constellation, if I remember correctly, in another challenge map. Good times. Honestly, that kinda thing is how 60% of my imagined/fantastic stuff begins... just seeing a bit of something random that looks like something else.

I have days when I see patterns and shapes in things worse than ever, and have even been to an interview that I failed because I couldn't stop looking at a rather lewd shape formed by the supposedly random polka dots on the interviewer's tie!

EDIT: Apparently people who see faces in random arrangements of rocks and stuff like that suffer from something called 'Pareidolia', and its reckoned to be an evolutionary advantage of some kind that some of us still retain. I don't think that's what's going on with me, though, because I can see practically anything - not just faces. It depends what the pattern looks like.
    Last edited by Mouse; 04-08-2017 at 02:59 AM.

Guild Expert Guild Supporter Greg's Avatar

I really love the colour combos you've got in this Mouse! You've got the balance of making the map not distract, but equally it being the main attraction...if that's somehow not an oxymoron...

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast