Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Land of Verda (commission)

Looks absolutely breathtaking Voolf, there's nothing you could have done better!

Stunning work, Voolf! I just love it .

Your shaded terrain keeps getting better. You did a wonderful job, especially the sandy desert in the east. If I had a tiny nitpick (in fact, that's more of a request), you could do more parallel mountain chains, with your style, this would look awesome

I thought you'd been a bit quieter recently. You've been working on this little beauty!

It took me a while but I finally found some ruins. I thought you'd sneaked the legend into the key but not on the map to frustrate people like me who look for each one in the map

I really like the way the different colours seem to merge very gently between regions. The coastal areas seem quite 'dreamy' to me, relaxing. I don't know what you call it, the bit of the sea close to the shore I mean. It's a very laid back style and very pleasant. Except around Forbidden Island. I'll give those beaches a miss thanks

Overall it's a very pleasing composition with nicely balanced colours. The border is simple and focusing, it seems to make the whole map sit up against its background. It really is quite a striking effect.

I congratulate you!

Quote Originally Posted by LordCartoart View Post
    Totally flawless, unremarkable map! That map is very well-made map.
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew VE View Post
    Looks absolutely breathtaking Voolf, there's nothing you could have done better!
    There is always some room for making things better i think, but not always we can get the effect we desire :/. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilanthar View Post
    Stunning work, Voolf! I just love it .
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    Your shaded terrain keeps getting better. You did a wonderful job, especially the sandy desert in the east. If I had a tiny nitpick (in fact, that's more of a request), you could do more parallel mountain chains, with your style, this would look awesome
    You are right Thomas. The thing it.... i am lazy sometimes . Those mountains still give me hard time and i am trying to balance the quantity (in consequence effect) and time spending on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Straf View Post
    I thought you'd been a bit quieter recently. You've been working on this little beauty!

It took me a while but I finally found some ruins. I thought you'd sneaked the legend into the key but not on the map to frustrate people like me who look for each one in the map

I really like the way the different colours seem to merge very gently between regions. The coastal areas seem quite 'dreamy' to me, relaxing. I don't know what you call it, the bit of the sea close to the shore I mean. It's a very laid back style and very pleasant. Except around Forbidden Island. I'll give those beaches a miss thanks

Overall it's a very pleasing composition with nicely balanced colours. The border is simple and focusing, it seems to make the whole map sit up against its background. It really is quite a striking effect.

I congratulate you!
    I am working all the time on maps, just don't post so often as before. In fact there is one more map coming up very soon.
    There are not many ruins on the map. In the end its a client design, if it was up to me i would add some more indeed.
    Seems my new coastal lines are likeable
    Thanks Straf

You can check a map by Max with parallel-ish mountain chains. Even if they're not your typical mountains, they're very organic and give an impression of earth bones.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasR View Post
    You can check a map by Max with parallel-ish mountain chains. Even if they're not your typical mountains, they're very organic and give an impression of earth bones.
    I saw this one, its great, but it does have 3 parallel chains, not so many more then mine maps. Also i thought you was thinking about horizontal parallel like in my Kaherm map. I know more chains look better, i will do them eventually, if i am determine enough or get paid well haha

You're right, it's just that your style would look great with more valleys like the ones you already do. About horizontal ones, besides drawing them individually and hiding one behind the other, I wouldn't know how to make them look good and the hidden parts would be wasted time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Voolf View Post
    if i am determine enough or get paid well haha
    I feel you completely on this

Absolutely beautiful, so many different environments, love the deserts, wastelands, mountains, snow, different forests, cann't put into words how awesome this is. Your type treatment is beautiful. I will forever be a fan Inspriational!!!

Thank you so much snodsy.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast