Thread: My First Map!

Help My First Map!

Afternoon all! Thanks for having me in the guild!

Please find attached my very first map!

Chris.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bylengé.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	2.41 MB 
ID:	94936  

Hello Chris

The general layout and colours are fresh and attractive.

I'm not sure about the mixture of isometric tree prints with the top view symbols, but its a great first piece

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yay - congrats on your first map Chris. .. I agree with Mouse on the mixing of styles, but the important thing is that you've begun mapping. May I suggest that for your next map you'll start a thread in the WIP section, then you can get help and critique as you work ... and a little note - when you write 1 cm = 100 feet you have to be sure that the map is printed at the exact size that you thought it would be. So if anyone prints on letter or A4 they will get different measurement - or someone who can print A3 will get a different scale if the printer is set to "fit to page" - so a simple measure stick would eliminate guessing and make sure that no matter what size the map is printet in, the scale would scale alongside the map
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise