Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Vehldwyn and The Well of Knowledge

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

wow... that's a great start - almost too great you might finish now and still win LOL... except for the plan part of course ... both love the border, the foliage and the overall effect of your coloring
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Expert

Quote Originally Posted by tilt View Post
    wow... that's a great start - almost too great you might finish now and still win LOL... except for the plan part of course ... both love the border, the foliage and the overall effect of your coloring
    Thanks tilt, the original plan had to do with all the towns knowledge being hidden in underground caverns under the well, it needs to be drained in order to access the secret chambers, and so the bad guys who plan to steal the magical objects which hold it have to first go through a series of steps in order to drain the water, and enter the well to access the chambers which would be mapped as a dungeon in the inset to the right.

In all honesty I doubt I'll have time this month to finish it, but I'm still plugging away at it, unfortunately I've come to the realization that these people really don't need a well, seems this area has plenty of water as is so I'll have to rethink my plan and come up with a better way to make it dastardly.

Here's a quick update

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A Dastardly plan update.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	8.18 MB 
ID:	95727

I still have allot of work to do on the border, but I'll wait on it for now in case I don't have time... It's faster to remove the cracks that are already there then to finish adding them around the whole border.

Kacey, you are making this contest Harder for me, I can already see this map looking awsome soon enough...

Guild Expert

Thanks Hart, I'm unsure about the cliffs so this makes me feel a bit better this morning, I've never tried this style before.

This is coming along beautifully, kacey I love how you're doing those cliffs, and all the trees hanging over the edge of the water Lovely details.

You might not have to change the well... it could have been dug for a number of reasons... maybe they had a bad drought at one point, or the surface water was affected/poisoned by something for a period of time and they needed deeper groundwater. Lots of possibilities

Wonderful progress kacey

Wether you finish it in time or later, I wanna see this finished ! That's already an amazing piece. The relief on the border and the shadows of the town are really, really impressive !

Yes, i too want to see this one finished
    It is already a splendid thing.

Guild Expert

Thanks guy's! I really appreciate all the nice feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Chashio View Post
    You might not have to change the well... it could have been dug for a number of reasons... maybe they had a bad drought at one point, or the surface water was affected/poisoned by something for a period of time and they needed deeper groundwater. Lots of possibilities
    Or farm land upstream could cause nasty things to get into the water supply, a dead cow by the river could surely cause some issues.

Guild Expert

Here's my latest update... It probably doesn't look like much but I spent three days in my spare time doing the maze for the underground well in the inset, I'm not quite sure how to do the colour on that part. I also finished off the border (except for the cracks) and added a base colour for the trees. I'm hoping to move back to the trees next, I'm excited to see how they look once I get shadows and highlights on them, after that I'm going to tackle the buildings which will probably take the rest of the month...I dread that part a little.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A Dastardly plan Master.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	8.69 MB 
ID:	95812

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast