Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: May 2017 Challenge: The Scandal of the Sunburst Angel

I can juuuust about read that text on my laptop screen, which I usually have set at 125% in my browser.

If you have room, a little larger would be more comfortable - then I wouldn't be staring down my nose at it through the strong part of my varifocals

I still need to mess about with this a bit, but is the text at the bottom readable?
    ### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dastardly Plan little test.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	96167

I still need to mess about with this a bit, but is the text at the bottom readable?
    ### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Dastardly Plan little test.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	2.49 MB 
ID:	96167

OK - I'm having some technical problems with the site...

Seems readable to me, I honestly hope you will have the time to finish this!

Just about, though as large as possible in the given space would be best (unless you plan to put something else in that bottom right corner?)

The text in the box with the illustration is hitting the sides. Don't know if you can arrange an inner margin there?

EDIT: you should be able to delete a comment by editing it and then ticking the Delete this comment box and saving it. (I think)
    Last edited by Mouse; 05-30-2017 at 01:06 PM.

Right, some more faffing later and this is what I have. I'm going to move on to some more bits (and I know there's a bit of stray river )

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Dastardly Plan.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	2.57 MB 
ID:	96168

Its coming on fast now

But.... the margins are still generally very squashed, and there's a line around the text under the ship. How about moving the ship up a bit in its space, and taking the extra box line around that text out?

That line around the text beneath the ship was a mistake so I'll have to remove that. There are also a few other things that need to be sorted out in that text box. GIMP seems to clip the text at the edges and I don't know how to add padding

Anyway so far this is the best I've ever produced and the mad thing is I know I can improve on it. I need to start labelling the towns and that, and there's a capital city that needs to be moved. Then there's the small matter of where the ship actually sailed. I think I've got another day to sort that all out.

Adding padding was a problem I had with one of my other challenges. In the end, because the font I was using in that case wasn't wrapping properly in GIMP, I had to do the returns manually all the way through. Its a pig if you decide you want to change something in the second line, and you have quite as many as you do in the box!

As long as the text isn't actually being chopped up half way through a letter (and I don't think it is), you could simply turn off the outline around the text box and just add a rectangle with an outline behind the text, maybe?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast