Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: June 2017 Challenge: Lost Garden

So, here's my latest WIP. It's a screen shot taken from CC3.

### Latest WIP ###
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hanging Garden CC WIP I.JPG 
Views:	72 
Size:	75.8 KB 
ID:	96929

Those are both awesome beginnings Hadrian I love your technique and perspectives.
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Did you really do your hanging garden in CC3? WOW! I thought you were experimenting with GIMP

Nice job

Thank you, Chashio and Sue.

Yes, this is entirely done in CC3+ (no addons) - well, except for the scanned drawing.

So here's yet another update. There's still a long way to go and I hope I manage to finish it in time.

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Hanging Garden CC WIP II.JPG 
Views:	65 
Size:	122.7 KB 
ID:	97011Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hanging Garden CC WIP IIB.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	138.6 KB 
ID:	97012

In the left version I only used CC3+ (including addons) and in the second version I added textures from textures.com.
    I'm not sure which path to follow. What do you think?

Although its a very fine texture you have there, I don't think it goes very well with the drawing work you have already done.

If you keep it, then might I suggest using an overlay blend mode on it , so that the drawing becomes dominant again, rather than the texture?

The other thing is - I can see that you have done a very fine drawing, but it is so small that the detail is being lost to us. Since you are presumably rendering this from CC3, a bigger picture would be better to show off what you have done

Guild Expert

Definitely the one on the left, the one on the right looks very cut and paste and takes away from the charm of the original version. I would remove the photo texture all together, I really don't think it suits, but I agree with Mouse that if you are going to keep it then it needs to be toned down quite a bit... It will be interesting to see what you do with it, I really like the idea of everything being on the side of the cliff like this.

Thank you, Sue and Kacey for your comment. I never intended to use the texture on the right without further modifications. And I was not sure whether I should invest more time to implement it. But Sue gave me a great advice with which it can be implemented without too much additional work. I just tried it out:

### Latest WIP ###

Name:	Hanging Garden CC WIP III.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	97015

I put the texture on a separate sheet and used the overlay blend mode. I adjusted the saturation so the cliff does not turn too orange and added a slight blur to break up the sharp edges.

Also, I will post the map in higher resolutions but at this point I just make screenshots, because I have not yet done all the details and I do not have the time to wait until it is rendered in a high resolution.

I can see I need to learn to keep my mouth shut! LOL!

Seriously - this is a strong contender, Hadrian. You are not allowed to give up now!

No, please don't.

I won't give up. I am going to finish the map in any case - independent of the challenge.
    But as you know, I run on 3-4 hours of sleep per night at the moment. And looking at the other great challenge entries, including yours, I am tempted to give myself a break and maybe not finish the map in time for the challenge.:p

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast