Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alknoar and the Far Coast

Map Alknoar and the Far Coast

pencil on 8.5 x 11 neenah 67 lb paper, then colored in PS
    Here's another from the world of Nhyn. It sort of started life as just a random sketch, but well, it changed.

Far out in the sea, to the mysterious east lies the far coasts of Ahazon; beyond Haldeshar and Skenara on the world of Nhyn.
    These are rough and rugged lands, touched by dark things long ago; strange forces that drift above and below the lands of the Ahazon.

This map shows the western peninsula of the NefBaraj with and inset of the abandoned monastery of the disciples of the way,
    on the island of Dhum, just off the coast from the great city of Alknoar in the Hadranuur region.
    As it happens, it was, ironically, not the way and was thus abandoned, with a bit of external force and harassment.

There are rumors that a cult of monkey sanas has found their way onto the island.
    This has not been confirmed, as few are brave or foolish enough to delve into the business of an organized group of monkeys.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alknoar and the Far Coast by sirinkman.jpg 
Views:	1094 
Size:	1.65 MB 
ID:	96958

And here's the sketch
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Alknoar sketch.jpg 
Views:	271 
Size:	720.2 KB 
ID:	96959

Gorgeous map, J! I love both versions - you should consider labeling the 'sketch' [it looks like a finished drawing to me, you sketch so beautifully]
    Kaitlin Gray - Art, Maps, Etc | Patreon | Instagram

Sketch, you say?

Hmmm... I have some work to do! LOL!

Its more than repworthy, but you're working too fast for me to keep up again

I can still bookmark it for Atlas Award nomination, though

Community Leader Facebook Connected tilt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Looking great- lovely color scheme. When you sketch - what do you work on? paper, tablet or by the computer?
    regs tilt
    :: My DnD page Encounter Depot free stuff for your game :: My work page Catapult ::
    :: Finished Maps :: Competion maps - The Island of Dr. Rorshach ::
    :: FREE Tiles - Compasses :: Other Taking a commision - Copyright & Creative Commons ::
    Works under CC licence unless mentioned otherwise

Guild Master Facebook Connected - JO -'s Avatar

As usual, such a beautiful map! I find it softer than many others that you have made. It is undoubtedly the forests which add something less arid? In any case, it is beautiful!

Splendid! I just don't know how you're doing those top-down mountains and thos incredible forests. You're a perfectionist and a master for details. You hand must be armored to do so many little waves and lines!

Awesome as always ! And the warmer color gives the impression of danger which is pretty awesome. A little request : would it be too much to ask to see a sample of forest and mountain and full res ?

Beautiful as always. Here's something about this piece that makes me like it even more than he rest of the maps you've put out lately. Very nice!

I love the forests and the detailed topography, but have you considered some large (or small) islands more remote and far of the coast.

Yea I am unable to rep you again

Just magical!
    Open for commissions
    Etsy

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast